White House backs overhaul of military retirement...

I will be writing numerous letters this weekend, I would suggest you do the same.  What a fucking nightmare this putz is...

White House backs overhaul of military retirement, health coverageWASHINGTON — President Barack Obama announced Monday he will back sweeping overhauls to the military retirement and health care systems as a way to ensure the costly benefits survive into the future.The panel has advised the military to eliminate its 20-year pensions in favor of a 401(k)-style retirement system, and replace Tricare health coverage with a wide variety of private insurance plans. Those and a list of 15 changes to military compensation — including a consolidation of commissaries and exchanges — could save almost $5 billion next year and up to $10.4 billion per year by 2020, the panel claims.http://www.stripes.com/news/us/whit...verage-1.337520

LET the Troops the FUCK ALONE! You've got your golden parachute. These people put their LIVES on the line for US. A measly pension is the very LEAST we can do for them. I'd be up for 100% of their highest pay grade FOR LIFE after 20 years service. That's just for starters.

Freedom has a price... PAY UP!

While we're at it...CUT the pay and bennies for the whole fucking Congress. NO 100% pay for Life. I don't care HOW long you "serve". THEIR lives aren't on the line. Put ALL politicians on a 401K plan. No .gov retirement AT ALL. NO 100% medical for them either. If they want medical at retirement, they can go on Medicare.

This shit PISSES ME OFF!

Oh! ...and a 4 star General>38 yrs service only makes $237150 a year. How in the hell does a brand new president who serves a lousy 4 to 8 years rate a $400K+ salary FOR LIFE? That's PLUS a full security detail FOR LIFE.

A Sergeant major >38 years of service makes $91027.20 You can pretty much guarantee the SGM put his ass in harm's way for less than $100K a year. THAT SUCKS!

http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp

Edited by patriot

Is our President trying to totally wreck our nation?  Now he wants to destroy one of the major reasons why brave people decide to serve our nation by going career in the military?  There was a time the retirement and lifetime medical were the big reasons for good people just putting up with all the danger of the military ... because there was a decent retirement and medical at the end?

Now Obama wants to take this away also?  My Gawd ... is he really out to wreck our military?  Doesn't he understand that is has been our military that keeps our nation safe ... in spite of politicians?  We would be speaking British or German today if it was not for our armed forces.  I for one can not believe this.  It is like Obama is trying his best to destroy the USA.  Just me.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Is our President trying to totally wreck our nation?  YES Now he wants to destroy one of the major reasons why brave people decide to serve our nation by going career in the military?  Yes again. There was a time the retirement and lifetime medical were the big reasons for good people just putting up with all the danger of the military ... because there was a decent retirement and medical at the end? This asshole HATES America, HATES her military, and LOVES Islam. Honestly, WTF did you expect????

Now Obama wants to take this away also?  My Gawd ... is he really out to wreck our military? YES YES YES Doesn't he understand that is has been our military that keeps our nation safe ... in spite of politicians?  YES  We would be speaking British or German today if it was not for our armed forces.  I for one can not believe this.  It is like Obama is trying his best to destroy the USA.  He is trying to do just that and more...He's out to destroy America. Just me.  HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 1