Big John, AA re-cvrd, Matthew Hopkins....?????

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you take an Internet forum too seriously, the end result is either leaving or get banned.   Remember that you are in control of you. If let you someone else gain control of you, that's your fau

I miss the days of Spetsnaz Soldier. The knowledge he held. The wisdom. The numerous conversions... The multiple aliases he had.   Like a Saiga genius.

Wonder what ever happened to Pauly?     I kid. I kid.

Haven't seen these guys post for a while.....

Thought the same thing! Especially big john! When I hover my mouse over your avatar I can click it to see your profile, but bigjohn I can't. 

Was wondering if he is still able to log in or if he killed his acct(doesn't say banned)!

• Like 1

Big John kinda self detonated over a certain post here. One still carried in by a certain member here...

Been noticing a lack if of a LOT of good posters. What happened to

Us praetorian

Fff patriot

Shandlos

YAkDUNG

Syndicate

Boomsick

Russian hammer

And probably 15 others I will think of later. Go back 20 pages in general forum and you will see a lot of good people missing.

For some reason, about 5 months after the EO, traffic here slowed way the hell down. Seems confusing, as I thought it would pick way the hell up

• Like 2

Haven't seen these guys post for a while.....

Thought the same thing! Especially big john! When I hover my mouse over your avatar I can click it to see your profile, but bigjohn I can't. 

Was wondering if he is still able to log in or if he killed his acct(doesn't say banned)!

Always appreciated Big John's " Smoking Hot Chick" avatar...!!!! SWEET...!!!!

And I had a "Dyngus Day" date with Matthew and that is this coming monday

Suppose to visit AA on the way down to OBX....

FA, just to name a few that I had some cyber interaction with, I hear you on the others too

Fffpatriot is logged in right now. Even though I never posted all that much I was a regular lurker. But my one saiga is set up the way I like it, and I can't buy another one because of the laws where I live. So kinda kills the fun of planning the next rifle if there can't be one.

Its odd, a ton of the people that were really active up to and around Halloween [when I joined] have gone dark. There was a period of time I dropped off due to my gun aspirations being hampered by employment not being as easy to find as I had hoped. I really hope to hear back from Shannon so I can get the FCG from him to convert my Saiga when the wood bits get to me. 

I kept wondering about those guys especially AA. I figured I had time on my hands so I'd go check to see their last posts, etc., been awhile for some, AA back in November. I speculated some had gotten a timeout like moi a couple years ago and theirs were longer. Just curious and hope all is well. Always had some dedicated exchanges when the topics got hot.

It always slacks off a little in the spring time... But with a lack of new firearm imports you see fewer new members to replace the ones that stop posting.

Other more general ak firearms forums are still active.

• Like 2

The forum was the best when Saigas were under $300. That's how I found this place. Prices have skyrocketed and i think some have just lost interest in the Saiga. The Vepr is still pretty available, but well north of $300.

Mayne we can resurrect SS for entertainment purposes.

Dubya is another one that has been gone a while.

• Like 2

You wont see big John anymore. Not sure what happened to aa. Hammer has been a mod at vepr.org. Shand has been on, but just not that active. I've slowed down posting as well. Got alot of shit to do and work two jobs. Shit happens.

Edited by Captain Hero

I stop in here quite a bit but rarely post anything anymore. I have to agree with the lack of new imports and the V12's taking over and changing things.

Very few of the industry players post on here anymore. Seems to me that the brainstorming, detailed build threads, technical discussions, innovation of new parts, etc. has taken the backseat to a more political/current events extreme right wing conspiracy forum.

• Like 2

It always slacks off a little in the spring time... But with a lack of new firearm imports you see fewer new members to replace the ones that stop posting.

My first thoughts... given the option, I'd be outside turning money into noise. Hell, given the option I'd be outside raking my lawn and turning stout into urine

spring+dead platform = dead forum..

no new saigas so not much new to talk about.. more of an archive now..

so, the folks who linger talk about stuff.. just so happens there are a lot of right wingers in the firearms community...

we do our best to keep political drama in the political section..

and to be honest, lots of folks here have become so caustic, I don't even post much anymore...

I keep up with my "friends' from here and other places via other social media...

Maybe we should work on changing that... even if it's not saiga specific...

• Like 4

The forum has come a LONG WAY since the early 2000's when I first started coming here... Saigas have come a long way as well... and like Drew says... no much is NEW... so the topix to talk about become fewer and further in between... :(  Very sad, really... 

The forum was the best when Saigas were under $300. That's how I found this place. Prices have skyrocketed and i think some have just lost interest in the Saiga. The Vepr is still pretty available, but well north of $300.

Mayne we can resurrect SS for entertainment purposes.

Dubya is another one that has been gone a while.

yeah there were a shitload of people here during the $300 Saiga time. wish I had bought three or more at those prices.

I posted a lot in the S223 boards, but they're pretty much dead and I've said all I can basically say about the rifle at this point.

Even before the imports were banned, they were not cost competitive to the other complete AKs on the market like PAP series, etc. The only other allure was the variety of calibers you could get an AK in by buying a Saiga.

FWIW it looks to me like Molot has some shenanigans going on, they seem to be able to get around the sanctions. More V12s and Vepr rifles showing up at every online retailer.

Because of the mega-gay Obama actions, I have started moving on to domestic firearms.. I have one AK build to complete and then most likely I won't buy any more. Only exception I might make is if the Zastava PAP M21 comes out, or if I decide to buy another WASR or PAP and put my son's name on it and leave it unfired for him.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

Indy, Those are some Smokin Hot Chicks....!!!!!

Didnt mean to put everyone in the "End is near " mindset for the Much Beloved Saiga Forums,  geeezzzzzz.

Just wondered if anyone had heard from these GUYS outside of this site.

I'm sure everything will get back to normal no need to change anything, it ain't broke...!!!!

Edited by SmilinEd

Dad, I think you're wrong. It won't pick up. It'll friggin explode.

Juggs. Let me preface this by saying that to be honest, I think you're a better man than me. ( even with your interest in cartoons I don't quite get).

Nevertheless. I accept your premise. I reject your conclusion.

If the saiga forum were "dead" and an "archive" why are there nearly as many ( and far more active btw) posts in general discussion as the actual s12 forum?

I myself rarely post an actual gun question. I prefer to pick members brains on other topics, but that just me. Nevertheless, the point made. We are more than a saiga forum.

• Like 4

I'm starting to feel like I picked a bad time to buy a Saiga and find this forum.

Not necessarily, but I understand why you would say that. It was really fun when something most of us had never seen before popped up during someone's build and we would all give input to figure out a solution. Discussions over whether or not to put the BHO lever back in, or when so and so would have this or that back in stock. Every question I have ever had related to a Saiga conversion was fully answered on this forum, and I have two excellent converted Saiga's to show for it. 

There are still plenty of people left to help you with your conversion. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site that you can still access. 

But, yeah, it used to be full of build and conversion threads. Afraid we won't see that again as long as Saiga's are banned from importation. 

• Like 1

spring+dead platform = dead forum..

no new saigas so not much new to talk about.. more of an archive now..

so, the folks who linger talk about stuff.. just so happens there are a lot of right wingers in the firearms community...

we do our best to keep political drama in the political section..

and to be honest, lots of folks here have become so caustic, I don't even post much anymore...

I keep up with my "friends' from here and other places via other social media...

Maybe we should work on changing that... even if it's not saiga specific...

Juggernaut,

I appreciate the open forum in the general discussion thread, politics, trucks, firearm purchases, fishing, etc its a nice blend.

The right wingers, myself included, have spent a lot of energy/money to hold the line against those who wish to strip us of our 1st,2nd,4th amendment rights.

Those same ppl on the Moon Bat/ Libtard side of the isle  want to make it illegal for us to purchase SLR, ammo, 30 rd mags, pistol grips, etc... Those same ppl want to shut forums such as this one down.

Just an observation

• Like 1

Well I plan to have a gunsmith do the conversion since I really don't trust myself to be able to do it unless I had someone who knew how to do it looking over my shoulder in person to help.

Along those lines, and since you can't really pay a smith to do it for you, I'm worried about whittling down Vepr mags to fit my 433. I'm really not handy and with things that cost at least 40 for the mags and 1000 for the shotgun I'm not wanting to experiment.