Just now saw there's a huge-ass typhoon headed for the Phillipines...... Our forum member Rastamanila is in the crosshairs for this storm, so let's hold him in our thoughts and prayers for his safety.....

Rasta, make sure to keep us up on how things are going for you ..... Hope you're not in for the worst of the storm !

• Like 4

Rasta, if you're in this storm's path, I hope you're on high ground and that new house weathers it well.

My family will say a prayer for everyone in the path.

We're well acquainted with several hurricanes, on a first name basis even as the last two did lots of damage to our property.

Just checked the weather there and Maysak is supposed to weaken some before landfall, but as in Kansas, a tornado is still a tornado, so equally is a typhoon. There are no little ones. Take no chances and duck for cover.  Keep in touch when you safely can.

Yes, and seems mother nature is aiming at the Philippines for the last year.  My wife's family lives in Leyte, and holy crap, the last big one, for certain the Big Guy in the Sky was watching out for them.  Good luck Rasta, but thankfully this one is only suppose to produce a lot of rain, which can be almost as devastating in the PI.

Thanks For The Concern Guys!!! We Dodged Another Bullet...This Typhoon at one point was as powerful as the Mega Devastating Typhoon HaiYan(Yolanda). It also comes Early In The Dry Season which was Really Weird. I think the High Pressure and Heat to the Northeast of us melted that Typhoon as it came near. No Casualties. Man, I can't remember in all my 43 years something this HUGE making landfall on Luzon and "No Casualties".

Manila did not even get any rain other than a weird half drizzle early this evening.

I Appreciate Your Concern Brothers...

The Philippines Will Never Forget The Help Unselfishly Given In So Many Disasters (Typhoons, Volcanoes, Earthquakes, need I say more?) To Us By The United States.

Good Bless America And MABUHAY!!!   :D   005.gif 005.gif

• Like 2