The Saiga handguard has become popular for AMD pistol builds. That is most likely what is pictured.

I have one. I thought I had the idea of using a Saiga handguard all to myself for a while.

No special permits at least by fed law. In PA it can be legally carried as a CCW. That's why I built it, to have in a vehicle for contingencies, ie anti-terrorism, rabid animals, etc.

The Saiga handguard has become popular for AMD pistol builds. That is most likely what is pictured.

I have one. I thought I had the idea of using a Saiga handguard all to myself for a while.

No special permits at least by fed law. In PA it can be legally carried as a CCW. That's why I built it, to have in a vehicle for contingencies, ie anti-terrorism, rabid animals, etc.

correct on the handgun, nothing special, I am actually looking for a 5.5" one that this guy makes in AZ. I have CCW and would love to try to carry that sucker in an UZI type underarm sling, 30 round mag, and my black trenchcoat......just want to try it once! there are a couple of video's on the AK site where the guy is shooting from about 25 feet away from target, after he blasts a 30 round mag, he asks his camera man if he even hit the target. i really want one, but it would be an ammo waster (fun!) at the range.

correct on the handgun, nothing special, I am actually looking for a 5.5" one that this guy makes in AZ. I have CCW and would love to try to carry that sucker in an UZI type underarm sling, 30 round mag, and my black trenchcoat......just want to try it once! there are a couple of video's on the AK site where the guy is shooting from about 25 feet away from target, after he blasts a 30 round mag, he asks his camera man if he even hit the target. i really want one, but it would be an ammo waster (fun!) at the range.

I think you are referring to the GunsNet member "azhonkey"

He actually just unveiled a 4" pistol.

Thats right, 4 INCH AK PISTOL! :smoke::smoke::smoke:

Yup, old news. Our very own member "Hugegator" did the Saiga handguard on a pistol build last year. And if you hang out on Gunsnet, you will know that "Slamfire51" did the 4" AK pistol build about 6 months ago. :rolleyes:

Good stuff though!

Good luck getting a reciever registered as a handgun. I tried to have an OOW reciever registered as a handgun for an AMD pistol build here in PA. The gun shop reported me to the state police for trying to build an illegal firearm. :cryss: And thats after they agreed to do it! After that got all cleared up, I still couldn't find a dealer within 50 miles who would register the reciever as a handgun. I gave up and sent back the reciever and did the old unregistered homebuilt thing. :angel:

Now this firearm is completely legal (as a rifle) and doesen't technically exist.

The pistol is an AK pistol with Saiga furniture. I'm not up on the pertanent laws and regs, but I don't think you can legally convert a Saiga rifle to a pistol.

(course I may be wrong, but I bet it ain't easy!)

i'm sure there are folks on this site that are way more knowledgeable, but you have to do a build from an AMD kit, then dick around and find out how short the gas tube/piston/barrel ration will be. AK47.net has it all there, i'm way to stupid to build one for myself. AZHonkey is a member of this site i think and he has a 4.0" AK pistol!! Insane, but i want one!!! Anyone in arizona wanna hook up for the weekend and have a pistol build? I supply the beer!

I've seen this subject hashed out A LOT to do with AR recievers, and pistol builds. What it comes down to (unless something changed), is the reciever must have been built into a pistol before ever being built into a rifle. If this is the is the case it can be swithed back and forth between pistol/rifle configuration. Having it registared as a pistol rec. is an extra, and probably a wise precaution. If it has been initially been built as a pistol, then you can add a 16" barrel, and stock to use it as a rifle later. There have been a lot of AR pistols built on recievers that were papered as "stripped reciever". I'm completly burned out on the subject, :ded: but if you want to do some reading on it, I can give you a couple places to get started.