There are a few vendors on EBAY selling hardwood grips from Thailand for great prices. I just ordered a checkered set for my CZ for 38.99, free shipping.

The pictures shown in the listing looked very nice. Lots of good feedback. Cheap and free shipping. I bit.

Figured for the price I would see what they were all about.

Has anyone ever ordered grips from any of these vendors from Thailand?

Be careful about the species of wood they're using...  You could find your grips confiscated by US Customs & your money gone.

The seller would technically have fulfilled his obligations.

Caveat Emptor!

• Like 1

They did not specify wood type in the listing. It just said hardwood.

Are certain wood variants not allowed to be imported? Could anyone even differentiate a species via x-ray etc.?

I've brought lots of wooden trinkets, tiki dolls, etc. back from different parts of the Carribean several times, no prob.

Hopefully all goes well, I was actually more concerned I'd get veneered plywood more than anything. Appreciate the heads up.

Yep customs has seized imports of certain types of wood before. They even raided Gibson guitars and seized tons of imported wood. Gibson recently won a court case against the top, but I don't know if this has established any case law preventing such thing from occurring again.

A lot of these wood sets are sold as "for airsoft" and fitment may vary depending on what you want to install them on. Good luck. which Cz? I need some nice wood grips for my 82s

• Like 1

These are for a 75b. Seller's Ebay ID is th-witaya. A few sellers from Thailand have them listed for multiple firearms. Check em out. I would post a link but my computer illiterate ass is on a tablet with no idea how to do it from this device.

• Like 1

If the grips are from a guy named Jaruwan P., he's legit and sometimes you have to wait because he has to wait for wood. His grips are beautiful, very high quality, and extremely reasonably priced. 

post-23857-0-61346300-1428137594_thumb.jpg

post-23857-0-15526600-1428137672_thumb.jpg

post-23857-0-72715100-1428137722.jpg

post-23857-0-75481600-1428137728.jpg

• Like 4

Great now I have wood on my mind! 

I think I like those better than the wood Hogue I've got on my six shooters. Dad, you beat me to it

They are nicer than Hogue grips, and about half the price. I paid $38 + $15 shipping from Thailand. 

Great now I have wood on my mind! 

Just wait until Gaddis finds out!

Well, these are Ivory (as compared to veined black mahogany which they would probably prefer :lol: ), but didn't the Kardashian girls put a new line of handgun grips out? unsure.png

post-88-0-91852300-1428187690.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...