Thinking about divorcing my beloved Saiga 12.

I'm getting bored with her. We've been together for a number of years now and she just sits around, not doing much of anything.

Maybe I need to take her on a hot date and try to reignite the spark?

Would a few mags of 00 buck accomplish this?

I love her, but I'm not IN love with her anymore. My eyes have been wandering lately.

Tell me I'm crazy...

Edited by Tundra1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you fucking high mister? What in the name of Kalisnikov is wrong with you? What other tool that you can lay your hands, do what an S12 can?   There is nothing that can spit 20 rounds of pure fur

BAN HIM ...Stat!

You'll regret it. Not because of an inferior replacement but simply because you won't have the S12 anymore.   I almost sold both my Russian 12g's two years ago. Looking back now, I am glad the deal

Posted Images

...a Remington 11 is the same gun and cheaper.

Black powder loads out of a Rem11/A5 are a hoot!

I'ts not a life-changing amount of money, so keeping or selling will have almost NO impact on your lifestyle.

Keep the Saiga. I keep going back to mine.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

I sold mine during the panic.  The extra $700 I made over what I paid new helped ease my pain.

I've got a new girl now and I don't miss the old girl.

But other guns I've sold over the years I still regret.

I would never try to talk somebody into selling or keeping a gun.  Unless it's something I want and I'm talking them into selling it to me.  021.gif

• Like 2

You'll regret it. Not because of an inferior replacement but simply because you won't have the S12 anymore.

I almost sold both my Russian 12g's two years ago. Looking back now, I am glad the deal fell through. I know I'd be kicking myself, even though the price was more than double what I paid. 

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 5

I've got both, and there's a place for both. One will never replace the other. Different tools for different jobs... so on  and so forth.

I once learned that because I'm lusting over a new gun is NOT a reason to get rid of another. If you want to get rid of it, get rid of it. If you just want a new gun, save money and get it, because like many have already said: you'll probably regret it. 

• Like 2

Are you fucking high mister? What in the name of Kalisnikov is wrong with you? What other tool that you can lay your hands, do what an S12 can?

There is nothing that can spit 20 rounds of pure fury and instill unaginable terror down range imho

You sir need to rethink your adulteress mind set...........

• Like 7

I have never sold a gun.

I did trade, once....a worn-out Mosseberg 12 gauge that I paid $40 for, in exchange for a S&W Model 3000 (perfect condition) that used to ride around in a police car.

I would hold onto the Saiga12.

• Like 3

I'm getting bored with her. We've been together for a number of years now and she just sits around, not doing much of anything.

Maybe I need to take her on a hot date and try to reignite the spark?

Would a few mags of 00 buck accomplish this?

I love her, but I'm not IN love with her anymore. My eyes have been wandering lately.

Tell me I'm crazy...

I'm going to dig up this post five years from now after the new american war and remind you how dumb of an idea it was to even consider selling your Russian scattergun.
  • Like 4

Well, I won't go as far as Stryker, but I do agree with him.

Saigas ain't comin in no mo. ( although a friend of mine did ask a question. Inevideably, when they do eventually lift sanctions as a whole, will arms be included?)I think we all know what the answer should be and what it will be.

Nevertheless I have asked myself this very same question. Sadly, I am currently cheating on my s12. I ordered a pair of vepr 12s. ( the s12s dirty sister. ).

I'm having a whole lotta fun cheating on my s12s.

Want to sell your s12? Be smart and sell it in the next panic with a few "banana clips".

Otherwise, if it can cycle birdshot, throw it in the closet as an insurance policy.

• Like 3

It has already been said very well, hell no you don't sell your S-12. It is the new American way, use something until it becomes old or boring and get rid of it for something new and exciting. It permeates everything our consumer minds can fathom...cars, houses, I-phones, TV's, appliances...there is always some new and exciting to replace that old technology.

Except a lot of times, new technology does replace rugged reliability and functionality. The Saiga 12 is a firearm, I would never part with. Even if I don't get a chance to shoot it as much as I want to, in lieu of sexier guns in my collection. I may buy more...I may buy newer technology...but that gun will never leave my safe..except upon my death. (and seeing my daughter's grin everytime she shoots skeet with it, even then I think my family will enjoy it for generations to come.)

IMHO, Don't do it, you will regret it.

• Like 4

A pair...???? Sux to be You....!!!!!!!:haha2::haha2::haha2::super_man:

Yes, well thanks. I learned a long time ago the gun was the cheapest part of the equation. If you couldn't afford the gun , then you couldn't afford the mags, optics, ammo, parts, etc.

I've got the guns. Workin on the rest. But I have a bad feeling the next panic will cause the sale of one of my "'banned" s12s

And I'm just not that worried about that.

Meh, I skipped the 1919 for the Saiga. I did realize that I'm basically about to double the cost of my Saiga between parts and labor for this conversion.

don't feel bad, with all the extras on my MKA, I have doubled the price. In other words…..I have way too much money in this shotgun.wacko.png

• Like 1

And if Obola has part of his way, the S-12 would become a NFA DD tomorrow just like the Street Sweeper did! 

I missed the Street Sweeper by minutes, and settled for a M11/9 instead!  I ain't going to miss the chance with the S-12!  Free NFA stamp if it goes that way!

Don't ever throw that away!

• Like 1

The cobray sweeper is a huge piece of shit. Crude, slow and sluggish. Better off with the mac11. I think the only reason people want them is because they are restricted. I had one for a short time before I found out it was technically illegal for me to own it. Silly laws.

• Like 1

It may have been, but it did have awesome firepower with 18 rounds in the drum.  The deal closed as I was about to ask.  Next day it became a NFA destructive device.

Shooting "in the madhouse" was a lot of fun with a rented one.  1 person SS full, 1 person SS half empty, and 1 person SS empty.  Each has 36 rounds.  108 birds thrown.  2 people shooting while one's reloading.  Points awarded for birds hit.

Could revive this game with S12's and MD-20's or even with sticks. 

• Like 1

I remember 18 for the full version, and 12 for the compact.  Wiki says 12 and 7, but I remember loading 18 for the madhouse shoot.  Modded gun?  I think I have an old SWD ad sheet on it somewhere.....See if I can find it.