Thinking about divorcing my beloved Saiga 12.

Hello, my name is Darth Saigus, and I like my Mossy 930 better than my old S12.

No it won't spit out 20 shells without reloading.  But if there is a problem I can't solve with 9 shells I'll just have to suffer the consequences.

(I'm not too worried about that...)

• Like 2
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you fucking high mister? What in the name of Kalisnikov is wrong with you? What other tool that you can lay your hands, do what an S12 can?   There is nothing that can spit 20 rounds of pure fur

BAN HIM ...Stat!

You'll regret it. Not because of an inferior replacement but simply because you won't have the S12 anymore.   I almost sold both my Russian 12g's two years ago. Looking back now, I am glad the deal

Posted Images

My 12 to me is a novelty item more than anything. I had alot of fun doing the conversion and learned a lot about it in the process. It's what turned me on to these forums for the wealth of info, and members willing to answer questions. It has never been a go to gun for hunting, competiton, or HD for a multitude of reasons. It's strictly a fun gun to me.

Still on the fence about this...

If you want to part with it, then do it. Just know fully what your doing. There will likely be a day you will regret it, but how badly just depends. I usually regret parting with any gun at one point or another. But fuck it. It is what it is. Its not like your selling it and not getting anything in return to somewhat replace it.

But Id take a S12 over an A5 any day. Thats just me though.

• Like 1

I love my S12's. Nothing else I own gets the attention that they do at the range. Cops in particular always seem to gravitate towards them and can't help but ask if they can shoot it. But with me, it's more of a love because of the labor that went into converting and tuning them. Nope, never getting divorced.

• Like 1

Hello, my name is Darth Saigus, and I like my Mossy 930 better than my old S12.

No it won't spit out 20 shells without reloading.  But if there is a problem I can't solve with 9 shells I'll just have to suffer the consequences.

(I'm not too worried about that...)

Do you still have a Saiga? I hope so. I love Mossbergs and have the M590A1. The 930 is a very good American auto loader. Still, the Saiga is not only fun and exotic. It will continue to appreciate in value at a faster rate than most anything else out there. It falls under the ones you will miss the most. I learned my lesson on selling the good ones years ago with a sar 5.45 and a 9mm spectre. Even if you can find them, the price is out of this world. Ten years from now our S12 shotguns that cost us 300 bucks new will be worth hundreds, if not thousands more! :)

Yeah, I often wonder what a residential house would look like after 12-30 12ga shells were fired at person inside it.

depends on your aim.

I don't think a human body could absorb all the projectiles from that many rounds [could be wrong] so at the very least you'd have to hire a remediation company to remove the pulp you made out of the burglar from your house like you'd had a sewage leak.

I never liked the long barrel on the S12. Every time I looked at my S12 I wanted to grab a hacksaw. With a 12" barrel it would have rocked. I debated the stamp but when prices spiked I dumped it.

I don't miss it in its non-nfa form but sometimes think wistfully about coulda beens.

Tundra, I don't know what to tell you. I have never sold a single firearm, I have come close(due to wanting to fund something better), but in the long run I decided to save up for it!

Hell I still have a few Mosin Nagants and a couple thousand rounds. It all sits idle now, but I have it if I need it(or want to shoot them again), they have not been fired in a few years. But in the back of my mind I keep thinking they cost me nothing at this point.......and they could serve a purpose down the road!

YMMV

• Like 1

Tundra, I don't know what to tell you. I have never sold a single firearm, I have come close(due to wanting to fund something better), but in the long run I decided to save up for it!

Hell I still have a few Mosin Nagants and a couple thousand rounds. It all sits idle now, but I have it if I need it(or want to shoot them again), they have not been fired in a few years. But in the back of my mind I keep thinking they cost me nothing at this point.......and they could serve a purpose down the road!

YMMV

Anyways , a bit of a derail, but I fault back to the first

Dammit.

I have a few guns, most notably an s 410 that just doesn't see any use. I had a few offers to buy, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm not into selling guns. If I could make 500 to ?, maybe. Be a hundred or two just doesn't interest me. Maybe I invested wrong and that's my fault.

My humble recommendation is to hold on. If you NEED the money you've done something wrong. If you want

WANT the money you've thought ahead

Anyways to fault back to my first post. Point being. Unless you're eating ramen 24/7. Don't sell

But that's just me and I don't know much. Take that for what's worth.

Edited by fatty alcohol

Ain't takin it with ya.

Firearms are just another tool.  Some guys think it's somehow a breach of the man code to sell a gun.  Others buy and sell as the mood strikes.

Some guns I've sold I do miss but when I put emotion aside I have other guns that do everything the ones I sold did. 

The one reason to hold on to guns that you don't love is to leave them to somebody.

In my case I have nobody to leave my guns to.  No children.  No nephews.  When I'm gone the wife is gonna sell em anyway. 

• Like 3

Darth.

To be honest, I'm a little sorry to hear that. Kids ain't for everyone. Never said they were. Never said they will.

Darth, to the point. I feel you are a smarter man than I am. Am I jealous? Fuck no. I'm happy with my life, and to be perfectly honest, I feel a little sad for darth. But none of that really matters

I don't think of it as a breach of a "man code"

I know I'm a man. I really don't give two flying fucks what others think of me. Don't think I'm a decent person and a good man? Mkay. Come work two days with me. And then talk.

Point being. I don't agree with your opinion but I respect you darth. Mossbergs suck!! :) ( I own two)

• Like 1

Not buying anything that does not fit common/military calibers going forward/past 3yrs.

The foundation of this country has been shaken to its core.

Upgrading is good, putting large amounts of lead down range is a plus also.

• Like 1

My 590 is loaded go to shotgun, just carried 500 series Mossy's too long. Would I hesitate to go to Saiga? No. Saiga, don't plan on selling the 2 I got. Nothing like running a 20rd drum of 00 into old cars or solid wooden doors, to shake the "John Wayne" mentality of rookies. Plus, when one comes out at range, everyone wants to shoot, plus favorite at family/friends shoots.

• Like 1

Cocky or clueless. Bullet proof belief, ignorant of fire power available, that gets yourself or others dead. Term carried over from Corps days. Stand up blasting away or other actions that get yourself dead, getting yourself and others injured from stupid "I'm God, nothing can touch me" mentality. Example used with Saiga. World of hurt can come at you real quick and in any situation. Be aware. "John Wayne" or the movie hero doesn't die or run out of bullets. Guess more modern term would be "Rambo".

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 1

She gone.

Got a fair price from a young fella that was pumped to own such an awesome shotgun. Not so sure on the A5 anymore.

Might just put the money towards a long overdue family vacation.

Who knows.

Glad to see she went to a good home. Sorry you sold her though, just my opinion. Don't know where you live but I take the kids every year to the Wisconsin dells. Figured out a couple cool tricks to cut the price almost in half ( no dumb bullshit, just creative finances. Nothing super fancy. Pm me if that's an option for you. )

Anyways. The mossberg is a very viable and cheaper option. Darth has made a couple good points. Money is always tight, I'd be glad to offer info I can to help save money.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

We live in a time of plenty. If you don't love what you got, get what you love. 

I'm with fatty though, Unless you get another mag fed 12, I think you'll regret this later. But hey, I also think in a handful of years mossberg, etc will be selling a mag fed shotgun.

Also, the divorce analogy doesn't sit well. First, divorce is pretty awful. Second, if having an S12 = marriage, then I would be a bigamist.

• Like 4

Heartbreaker

I've got a (and hopefully I remember this right) a 590a1 spx. Ghost rings, ported bull barrel. Never been shot. 8 rounds. 2 more rounds in a drum isn't going to help much IMO.

Not that this isn't interesting though. I might buy a cheap 590 just to put it on.

Heartbreaker

I've got a (and hopefully I remember this right) a 590a1 spx. Ghost rings, ported bull barrel. Never been shot. 8 rounds. 2 more rounds in a drum isn't going to help much IMO.

Not that this isn't interesting though. I might buy a cheap 590 just to put it on.

Are you looking to sell? :D

It's not so much the 2 extra rounds as it is the fast mag reloads. Still kind of a gimmick.

Heartbreaker

Sorry if I mislead.

Oh no no.

Haven't shot it but that 590 is awesome. Heavier then shit, but awesome, forgot exactly what, but paid damn near nothing for it- looking for a twin, just cuz.

Will probably buy another 590 sooner rather than later for the kit you posted for fun. Most tube shotties are super cheap which is nice.

Definetly not looking to sell, not my style, I'm sorry if if misled you. But thanks for the link to accessories, I do appreciate that.

ETA wow. Extremely difficult to correct a post for spelling tonight. Guess issss oooookkkk eeeffff I sound lyke a duuummmmeee

Edited by fatty alcohol

Heartbreaker

Sorry if I mislead.

Oh no no.

Haven't shot it but that 590 is awesome. Heavier then shit, but awesome, forgot exactly what, but paid damn near nothing for it- looking for a twin, just cuz.

Will probably buy another 590 sooner rather than later for the kit you posted for fun. Most tube shotties are super cheap which is nice.

Definetly not looking to sell, not my style, I'm sorry if if misled you. But tha is for the link to accessories, I do appreciate that.

Oh, I kinda figured that, I was just joshing you. :P I have a source who orders guns for people at close to dealer cost. I can get a 590 for about 5 bigs.