• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love my 1911s, but this is my favorite. Now has the official title "Safe Queen". It's the oldest and still is a handful. I've posted this picture before and should take a few new ones to do it justi

My crazy old man walked down the street from the hospital while my mom was in labor. He purchased a 1977 Gold Cup National Match and went back to the hospital to inspect his second son. I passed muste

Hmmm price to good to be true? Possibly.   Two points, we get what pay for. So saving a little longer, while painful is an alternative.   The second would be do not make the purchase unless you

Posted Images

I have a Baby Eagle .45 I like a lot, it's a heavy steel frame mid sized gun (not well suited to carry IMHO).

Also a Taurus compact PT-145 that is ok but I question it's long term durability (and I hate the stock sights).

It was cheap, but it's been discontinued.

If I was was to buy another .45 today it would be the XD Mod2. The double stack version of the XD-S.

That's in spite of the silly "Grip Zone" wording molded into the grips.

I like the looks of 1911's but just can't bring myself to buy one.

• Like 3

I really like 1911s as well and I'm not [usually] hyper-concerned about getting into a shootout at some point in all reality. But there are other times I feel like I need to get an FN45 due to ammo capacity.

Life hasn't taken the path I was hoping as of late so I'm still to broke to buy a pistol but when I do [unless I just say "Fuck it!" and buy a Tokarev] I plan to get a .45acp.

Plus I also just love talking about guns.

My "first love" in handguns was the 1911 and the 45ACP cartridge.  There will always be at least one 1911 in the safe.  And a few other 45s of various flavors.

My go-to full size is my XD45 Tactical.  CCW is Kahr CW45.

• Like 1

Got a Norinco that I've had for about 35 years, only problem was extractor, about 2 years ago, and this gun has some big number rounds through it, I LOVE my Kimber compact, had a G30, but sold it, just didn't feel right in my hand, but now carry a G21 everyday on my side, and it's a sweet shooting gun.

XDs 1st generation is daily CCW. Went with Sig 220 Equinox as duty weapon. (We buy our own). Replaced a Ruger P90, Dept. issue from awhile back. Bought it, lot of rounds, never an issue. 1911's of many makes and models. So full size is Sig, CCW XDs. Got little hands, so single stacks just fit better.

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 1

Years ago, I had a Firestar in 45 ACP. I wish I hadn't traded it away. I (like Sparticus) also have a Taurus PT145. Had it for a few years now and it's never given me an issue yet. It's only had somewhere around 2k rounds through it, barely. Still, it's always gone bang when I've asked it to. A friend of mine picked up the mini XD single stack 45 about 4 months ago and it looks and feels great. Shoots nice too. I'm considering one for myself. 

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

I just recently hit the 1911 45acp platform. Been shooting a 22lr version for years that I loved. Really pleased to see comparable relative accuracy ffrom the larger caliber.

So now in the last two moths I've found myself in possession of a Colt series 80 and a para warthog. Really enjoying both.

depends on what I'm shooting / doing

of the ones I've owned in the past 4 come to mind

one I built with a lot of time and care but never took a photo, (milled s&w revolver sights into the slide and had it cadmium plated by a jet engine repair shop) didn't know it was going to be the best one I ever built and have never been able to repeat it.

out of the box the springfield factory comp gun and the early kimber custom (not the custom II) are way up on the list,

shot a lot of matches with the springfield, son has it now, guess it was the favorite cause I kept it didn't trade or sell it.

but here of late I'm going more and more to revolvers so a s&w 1955 may be more of what I'm leaning towards

photos not my guns / too bad

post-26137-0-37225500-1428500447_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-70597600-1428500467_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-86635600-1428500494_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 2

Springfield Loaded 1911. Love that gun.

Nightstand gun is M&P 45, with Apex trigger. Love that gun with the aftermarket trigger.

Duty gun is a Sig 220. Good gun, I just don't like the 12 pound looooong trigger pull on the first shot. Follow up shots are nice at about 3.5 lbs.

I've only owned 2. A Glock 30s and an FNP45. Sold the Glock a few months after I bought it. I just wasn't feeling it, even though I carry a Glock 32 daily, they're about the same size. I think I'm just spoiled by how soft a shooter the FNP45 is. It has the typical DA/SA long double action pull but follow up single action shots are nice and smooth.

Edit; I forgot about the S&W 625-4 that I sold. That was a nice shooter but the moon clips and associated tools to load the moon clips became a hassle, so it went bye bye.

Edited by Mullet Man

Springfield Armoury XD (Extreme Duty) Five inch barrel, .45 acp, Tactical, Blue, Ambo Thumb Safety, Grip Safety, Lots of Safeties, slightly modified 13+1 pistol with a total of 15 SS mags.  About 2750 rounds.  100% function.  Works for me.  Have one just like like it in the safe 5 years old with all the same accessories and non fired that was to be her gun but she has gone with the wind and frankly I do not give a damn.  Good riddance.   Is that enough? HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

CrossBreed Super Tuck inside the pants paddle holster.  No combat cutaway.  White Cowhide.  Left hand.  The big gun does not print ... even with hot summer thin tee shirts.  Also a two mag inside the pants paddle holster for a total loadout of 3 13 round mags and 40 rounds.  Enough for some Zombies and other stuff.   Too much information.  Right now full of 165 gr.  Corbon Powerball low pentration ammo for inside work.  Usual practice ammo is hardball.  I do not hand load. 

Ahh ... British Speel Check.  Cousins across the sea separated by a common (kinda) written language.

A liberator! My grandad had one he had brought back from Europe. Not surprisingly, after he died it mysteriously vanished and nobody seems to know where it is.

That's exactly what they were designed for!