• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly 1800 bucks is un-fucking-real.   You can get a Tavor 9mm for 1500.   WTF... Over

I'm about to commit blasphemy with this, but just think of all the hi-point carbines you could buy for that price.

Guess I am going to be the only fool. It's ok. I wanted a 9mm AK. Not a Tavor or anything else. Might get a Tavor one day as I don't see them going anywhere. I just found 6old Uzi mags that are alread

Posted Images

Does the rifle-length barrel increase the lethality of the humble 9mm cartridge much? I remember watching a video showing how much harder 5.7x28mm rounds from a PS90 hit than from a Five seveN. 

Seems well done, but...

$1,779 for the folding stock version.  That's serious scratch.

I do wonder how big the market is at that price point.

Does the rifle-length barrel increase the lethality of the humble 9mm cartridge much? I remember watching a video showing how much harder 5.7x28mm rounds from a PS90 hit than from a Five seveN.

Google 9mm velocity vs barrel length.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

Seems well done, but...

$1,779 for the folding stock version.  That's serious scratch.

I do wonder how big the market is at that price point.

Twice as much as they were predicting in May of '14.

Too expensive for what I'm looking at. I'd like one but the superficial side of me says nope. I have to be able to open the safe and like what I'm seeing. Like waking up next to the old lady, if she was ugly, there wouldn't have been a second night.

They cut corners in the wrong places. The mag obviously, IMO was a bad choice, no matter if it offered LRBHO over the mp5 version or not. The full length receiver with exposed barrel between dust cover, bolt and receiver is out of place. A production cost saving choice of course but none the less odd.

• Like 1

The straight mag + full length receiver mean I'll never have one of these. I've been hoping for something that looks more like the Vityaz, or the Bizon.

Add to that, I just bought a Kriss Vector for $1700, you'd almost have to be insane to buy this for $1800.

• Like 3

cz for me. kinda bulky and silly but more than half the cost

ok the threaded barrel is a good touch. i give em thumbs up for that

long barrely = gonna be hard to keep ammo sub

heres a million dollar invention. have threads further back, like on a mac, but extend the barrel to 16, port the barrel, then throw a functioning suppressor over the disgustingly long barrel and voila! ugly barrel hid, and now more environmentally friendly!!

glock mags. 500 bucks.
 flat top upper

http://www.slickguns.com/product/tnw-aero-survival-rifle-45-acp-57499

@9:48, no htats bumpfiring thilly

glock mags. 500 bucks.

flat top upper

http://www.slickguns.com/product/tnw-aero-survival-rifle-45-acp-57499

@9:48, no htats bumpfiring thilly

website shows $800 for base and $1,300 for the "pack" with all 3 caliber setups so not so much the $500 deal but still a better deal unless you have to have the AK style 9

Dif arms has there way of doing things. It HAS to ARish! The strait mag looks like it's a conversion kit instead of a dedicated platform. I agree the gap in the dust cover is unacceptable. For this 1800$ with the folder it should be perfect! And...say Siaga on the side. Too many 9mm carbines, most are better for less. Only thing in this price range is an authentic copy(HK) they made a 9mm ak but didn't even bother to make it an accurate replica, it's not the best 9mm platform. So unless it's adheres to the original, it has to be based on fair market. lRBHO is cool, and I'm glad they tried, but they missed the mark.

I was really hoping for a Vityaz clone/copy with short proprietary receiver and curved mp5 mag. To me the Atlantic version is meh.

There are a few proprietary parts in the Vityaz, without blueprints it's sort of hard to make a direct clone of it. I was really hoping that the Saiga-9 would have made it in, but this is about as close as it gets.

They will sell a few, but with the CZ EVO being $800 and under it's not even a comparison as to which one will be sold out regularly. Hell the only reason I don't already have an EVO is I have too many damn home projects to pay for right now.

With DA wanting upwards of $500 for their Saiga/Vepr magwell adapter alone, I figured this was gonna be a high dollar item.

Edited by mancat

They are used to putting on a magwell for five to $600. So now they think if they build a whole gun it must be worth $1800. To top it off for me though the rifle it's really just a pistol with a piece of shit welded on the end. They can't even give you a full length barrel so you could screw a REAL muzzle device on the end. I believe everyone reading this loves the idea, but it's neither authentic nor original. It's overpriced for having to settle as being sorta what people wanted.

• Like 2

Can't say how many of the side folders they made first run but they're already sold out.

They can't even give you a full length barrel so you could screw a REAL muzzle device on the end.

My feelings about this gun are mixed. Not even on the list, much less at the top.

But I do see the reasoning behind the pinned barrel extension. It makes it very easy to sbr. Like 30 seconds with a dremel easy.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

Meh wifes sub2K is lighter, shorter and looks better with glock mags. Certainly wasn't 1800 eyes_droped.gif

Yeah that little rifle has really raised the bar on any future PCC prospects.

Hard to go wrong with the little sucker, wife loves it hell I love it. Only problem is wanting another one.

• Like 1

Well I was excited to see it, but then they lost me on the price. I was hoping it would have fell within the same price as the EVO. But its not even close. I too have mixed feelings about this, but I wouldn't pay half of the asking price. So many better weapons to be had for much less.

• Like 1

I think the AKX-9 will soon be a collector's item.

The few people who want one at that price will get one and the market will die completely.

I know Atlantic and Definitive didn't start out to make them this expensive.  Like I didn't start out to spend $2,000 on my AR build. 

• Like 2

I think the AKX-9 will soon be a collector's item.

The few people who want one at that price will get one and the market will die completely.

I know Atlantic and Definitive didn't start out to make them this expensive.  Like I didn't start out to spend $2,000 on my AR build.

I totally agree, but if that's true..... the resulting extrapolated "post production" price would make a nice retirement! Lol I love the idea of a 9mm AK, anyone posting on this thread does. However it failed to remain true to the original. IMHO that is where the value comes from. That said 1000-1200$ tops. If you "Have-to-have-it" price never matters. I have purchased guns and willfully overpaid. All were no longer being produced. Thus availabilty ruled. Any time you get over 1500$ your can almost buy anything you want. "Price->guns" are like "sexy red dress->women" and I can think of a sexier guns in a 15-1800$ dress.
  • Like 2