• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly 1800 bucks is un-fucking-real.   You can get a Tavor 9mm for 1500.   WTF... Over

I'm about to commit blasphemy with this, but just think of all the hi-point carbines you could buy for that price.

Guess I am going to be the only fool. It's ok. I wanted a 9mm AK. Not a Tavor or anything else. Might get a Tavor one day as I don't see them going anywhere. I just found 6old Uzi mags that are alread

Posted Images

Well, be a novelty weapon, especially when price 3 times a 7.62x39 pistol, ammo runs approx. same per 1,000 rds, carbine version falls in plinker class, unless just want a non recoil pistol caliber carbine, yet too many others offer pistol cartridge carbines for far less. Glad it came to market, yet price, lost me.  

I had high hopes for an ak in 9mm, but for that price I could get a galil or a tavor...or three zastavas. Or multiple ars...nope, not gonna happen. Bummer.

Or four hi point carbines and 1000 rds of ammo haha. Ok it's not ugly I'll say that. But I never had such a desire for this weapon anyhow. I want more x54r guns

• Like 1

Those Hi Points are kinda ugly though [really not a big fan of the black poly and rails everywhere look] are there any inexpensive, good, 9mm carbines that look more like this AKX, or maybe an FAL or STG-44?

Huh, I never really see them that cheap. Though in all honesty I never look up ARs on purpose.

If that is the case i would advise you to stay far far away from palmetto states site, they seem to have really good deals around holidays and events.

Edited by LuPiN8oR
  • Like 2

Those Hi Points are kinda ugly though [really not a big fan of the black poly and rails everywhere look] are there any inexpensive, good, 9mm carbines that look more like this AKX, or maybe an FAL or STG-44?

Do yourself a huge favor and forget looks, just a suggestion born from mistakes.

Right now the best solution to the having a 9mm PCC is the Kel-Tec Sub2000.

There are others and opinions vary of course but that rifle just works.

Had mine out last night at 2AM when all three dogs just went spastic at the back door(they are good dogs and dont do this but rarely).

Very easy to handle weapon.

• Like 1

I will add the sub2k is so light nibble and handy. That shooting with it really becomes second nature within a couple hundered rounds, instead of the usual couple thousands rounds. What this means is the average shooter, under average conditions will be more accurate, more repeatable, and thus more confident. I say having confident in your system, it more tactical than any accessory, billet do dad, or sub MOA hardware/name brand. So theses "cheapy" plastic guns actually WORK! I have 5 kids and shoot with lots of newbies. They all love the sub2k, and look like operators shooting it.

• Like 2

If the sub2k is actually that great, imagine how much money Kel Tec could make if they would produce more than a hundred of them.

Lmfao! I know that's right. They are brilliant! Make a 100$ gun that msrp for 300$ and sells for 600$ IF you can find it.

If the sub2k is actually that great, imagine how much money Kel Tec could make if they would produce more than a hundred of them.

Lmfao! I know that's right. They are brilliant! Make a 100$ gun that msrp for 300$ and sells for 600$ IF you can find it.

No joke, this has always mystified me.

Its like they dont want to sell them in favor of other designs.

But it is what it is.

They slide in a padded laptop case, with several loaded stick mags and a 50rnd drum. I have it setup as my urban rescue package. Dress like a nerd, carry with the shoulder strap. Can go to the mall or where every, gather up the family and head out without being noticed. Fully packed, perfectly legal, unnoticed, recon in the event of bad news such as another terror attack(false flag) or any other situation that may lead a rapidly decaying social breakdown. It's would be deployed in seconds, giving you ridiculous firepower, range, and accuracy far above any pistol. God willing and police on your side, you could even exchange glock mags. I prefer the .40cal, even with the loss of the drum.

I will add the sub2k is so light nibble and handy. That shooting with it really becomes second nature within a couple hundered rounds, instead of the usual couple thousands rounds. What this means is the average shooter, under average conditions will be more accurate, more repeatable, and thus more confident. I say having confident in your system, it more tactical than any accessory, billet do dad, or sub MOA hardware/name brand. So theses "cheapy" plastic guns actually WORK! I have 5 kids and shoot with lots of newbies. They all love the sub2k, and look like operators shooting it.

Installed the little rail on the front and placed a combo light (300 lum works well matter of taste) and laser. 

Talk about easy to use.

They slide in a padded laptop case, with several loaded stick mags and a 50rnd drum. I have it setup as my urban rescue package. Dress like a nerd, carry with the shoulder strap. Can go to the mall or where every, gather up the family and head out without being noticed. Fully packed, perfectly legal, unnoticed, recon in the event of bad news such as another terror attack(false flag) or any other situation that may lead a rapidly decaying social breakdown. It's would be deployed in seconds, giving you ridiculous firepower, range, and accuracy far above any pistol. God willing and police on your side, you could even exchange glock mags. I prefer the .40cal, even with the loss of the drum.

Love the 40 in particular now that I have have rung out the ammo question in keeping the 22rd stick light.

"If that is the case i would advise you to stay far far away from palmetto states site, they seem to have really good deals around holidays and events."

THIS. 

I'm not much of an AR fan, but because of this site and Pyzik, I've assembled 2 AR's and have been considering an AR pistol for a while. 

• Like 1

ARs didn't interest me for a long time.  I bought a bushy M4gery 10 years ago because every collection needs an AR, right?  I shot it a couple hundred rounds once a year or so.  It just stayed in the safe most of the time.

But on a whim I decided to build a couple of AR pistols just before the ATF changed their tiny minds about the brace.  So fuck them.

After rebuilding the pistols into rifles I'm turning into a fan.  So easy to build and change.  They really are Barbie for men.

Both are 1/8 stainless barrels chambered in Wylde.  1 16" carbine.  1 18" SPR.  Both are reliable with any ammo.  Both are painfully accurate with cheap ammo.

So to those who haven't been bitten by the AR bug, take the plunge.  But don't buy it.  Build it.  It's easy.  It's fun.  You get what you want.  And in the end you'll have something that means something more than a bought rifle.

• Like 5

I guess it depends on the reason to have and train on a military pattern weapon.

If part of the reason is for a fun hobby then ARs are great, extremely easy and cheap to change or assemble (wont really call it building) as mood strikes. AKs, FALs, or most battle rifle patterns are comparatively a PITA. Not insulting here I get the attraction.

But that is not my reason, other rifles provide lots of tinkering time dont want to include the battle rifles in that pastime. 

And I hold a long standing grudge against the Stoner, one that developed after seeing how most folks (not gun folks) treat their firearms in the field.

ARs didn't interest me for a long time. I bought a bushy M4gery 10 years ago because every collection needs an AR, right? I shot it a couple hundred rounds once a year or so. It just stayed in the safe most of the time.

But on a whim I decided to build a couple of AR pistols just before the ATF changed their tiny minds about the brace. So fuck them.

After rebuilding the pistols into rifles I'm turning into a fan. So easy to build and change. They really are Barbie for men.

Both are 1/8 stainless barrels chambered in Wylde. 1 16" carbine. 1 18" SPR. Both are reliable with any ammo. Both are painfully accurate with cheap ammo.

So to those who haven't been bitten by the AR bug, take the plunge. But don't buy it. Build it. It's easy. It's fun. You get what you want. And in the end you'll have something that means something more than a bought rifle.

There are so many companies making AR parts now, you can't ignore the dirt cheap prices.

Both of these are very applicable to me. The prices have gotten low enough that i could actually afford to start tinkering and build 2. The first was a 300blk pistol and the 2nd i built in 300blk pistol, took a pic,then built it as my 1st true ar rifle in 556 (lower was classified as a pistol and i wanted to retain it as such then make a rifle). Almost all the parts came from psa save for the lowers, ambi ch and ambi safeties. I snagged reloading components for the 300 but im waiting for prices to drop on 556 before i consider stocking up. Oh, i need two red dots as well, both will probably be primary arms dots. Sorry for the threadjack but darth and mancat hit the nail on the head.

Eta:fixed spelling errors.

Edited by LuPiN8oR
  • Like 2

Yeah PA + primary arms are where the deals are at.

My PSA premium mid carbine ran every thing I fed it from the very first round with minimal lubrication - just smeared diesel oil down the rails on the carrier and on the cam pin channel. I was expecting it to choke on the Tulammo and Wolf. Nope. It wasn't even dirty when I cleaned it after several hundred rounds.

I never really liked ARs but my opinion changed after that. I just want to build a 20" A4/IDF type rifle and I will be satisfied.

Ironically I have noticed browsing arfcom that the guys that have trouble shooting cheap steel case 223 are usually the guys with high dollar DD/LMT/etc builds. The cheap builds with slightly looser clearances seem to run much better.

Sort of like how the 1911 guys want the tightest pistol they can find, then complain that it's a jam O matic and picky on ammo.

• Like 3

image_zpsizpbdlsf.jpg

Guess I am going to be the only fool. It's ok. I wanted a 9mm AK. Not a Tavor or anything else. Might get a Tavor one day as I don't see them going anywhere. I just found 6old Uzi mags that are already modified to work. I couldn't be happier with it and my initial impressions of it are goods. It is a great start to my 9mm collection. Eventually would like to have a POF MP5, a scorpion evo, and a 9mm Tavor. Already have a pps43c. thankfully I scraped together enough to afford the pistol. Would liked to have had the triangle folder but couldn't afford it.

• Like 5