• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly 1800 bucks is un-fucking-real.   You can get a Tavor 9mm for 1500.   WTF... Over

I'm about to commit blasphemy with this, but just think of all the hi-point carbines you could buy for that price.

Guess I am going to be the only fool. It's ok. I wanted a 9mm AK. Not a Tavor or anything else. Might get a Tavor one day as I don't see them going anywhere. I just found 6old Uzi mags that are alread

Posted Images

Just a guess. But the rear trunnion/barrel extend into the receiver farther. So I think it's there because of the blow back(shorter bolt/carrier) but not for the thrust, so much as stability of the extended trunnion? I really don't know

• 5 months later...

Well lookee here.  Circle 10 is making a virtually identical 9mm.  I wonder what the price point will be....

post-4831-0-84594400-1443496965_thumb.jpg

And then there's this.  Damn this one wants me...

post-4831-0-40304000-1443498693_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

Circle 10 says they plan to sell the first 50 "under $1000" first come first served.  After that they will try to hold the price at $1k.

Really I think the Scorpion is a better option for a 9mm sbr but there is something so sexy about the AK with the MP5 mag.

• Like 2

I still say pps43 and two hundred bucks to free the stock is a better deal. Damn, too bad nobody makes a 16" ppsh41 semi that can be easily sbr'd. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

No pps43 but I do have AR15TOK SBR that shoots the same round. Blows the 9 away. I'd take an Vityaz in x25 over a 9. My MP5s and CZ EVO got that covered.

9mm in an AK only makes since, if it is FA.

9mm Luger makes a lousy rifle round but, it's a great machine pistol caliber and silencable with subsonic.

I would assume that the blowback-operated 9mm AKs make good suppressor hosts, versus the typical gas-piston AK bleeding a ton of gas and noise right out of the gas block.

9mm Luger makes a lousy rifle round but, it's a great machine pistol caliber and silencable with subsonic.

I've been seeing 9mm ammo hanging around 170 per 1000 for the cheap crap, and brass 9mm is around 200 per 1000 which is about $80-$100 cheaper than brass cased .223. I think a cast reload can be made for something like sub $50 per 1000 (figuring you have the lead and brass). Pistol caliber carbines make a lot of sense in areas with indoor ranges that don't allow rifle rounds.

I'm intending to buy a 9mm carbine, but I think I'm going to get a AR-15 pattern one, since they are cheaper and not functionally different from the ak version anyway, both are simple blow back actions. I mostly want something that is cheap to shoot and easy to reload for.

I think a cast reload can be made for something like sub $50 per 1000 (figuring you have the lead and brass). Pistol caliber carbines make a lot of sense in areas with indoor ranges that don't allow rifle rounds.

Both of those have been my experience. And I was buying primer and powder low volume over the counter. It is closer to 7cents a round that way now, but if you buy a bulk pack of primers and powder online when on sale in big enough quantities to absorb the hazmat shipping fee, sub 5 cent 9mm is still very doable. Lead is a little chancier to get good alloy for cheap now. Figure 30 cents a pound for random scrap lead, which is mostly too soft. So some tin  & antimony may be required. If you keep looking though, you generally get enough linotype at scrap price to even the alloy out. Subsonic 9mm uses more lead, but is going to be lower pressure, so you can get away with crappier alloy. I haven't tried it, but I would not be surprised at all if pure range scrap alloy is fine for that. (often free, if you talk to range owners.)

Yeah, I'd love to have a x25 AK amongst other pistol calibers but I'll admit its mostly due to me having latent hipster symptoms and thus have an instinctual dislike of 9x19mm and 5.56x45mm.