• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bacon + Venison = Lunch! Venison backstrap medallions, salt & cajun spice, wrap in bacon. Very hot skillet of olive oil, cook till bacon is crisp. All my venison came out medium or just a tad und

I threw my daughter's graduation party/feast yesterday. I smoked 30 lbs. of beef brisket, 15 lbs. of pork shoulder, 8 lbs. of ham, and fried two 15 lb turkeys. we had homemade mac&cheese, pasta sa

This seems to be pretty popular topic on many sites, lets give it a go. I'll start with today's lunch.       Salted & Seared Venison Tenderloin, medium rare Caramelized onions with lots of ga

Posted Images

Sammiches, my wife, bless her heart, got up with me at 0415am and fixed my breakfast/lunch cooler.

Deli meat & cheese, lettuce on whole wheat.

I sure miss that. I was dating this girl that would get up with me, after blowing me of course ;-)

And make coffee and my lunch for the day. Boy what was I thinking letting that one go.

• Like 2

Lunch was church's chicken ( ran out of bread and had to buy lunch, not happy with that). Dinner is a glass of chocalate milk and an apple after a nice little run.

Looking foward to Thursday- gonna get a nice breaded steak sandwich with fresh shredded mozzarella cheese from Ricobenes. Can't wait.

ETA.

Rhodes, that steak looks awesome. I recently got a small supply of awesome frozen steaks that I am savoring as slowly as I can. That pic makes me want to fire up the grill.

Edited by fatty alcohol
  • Like 1

I've tried this multiple times, every time the best steak I've ever made.

If you like a rare steak this is the way to go hands-down

Hey redrum4u it should be noted that our op posted a similarly delicious recipe a while back. Haven't had the chance to try either yet. ( I don't often break out the good steak) but I'm looking forward to trying both. I never turn my back on a potentially good way to sear a quality chunk of cow butt.

Pork Sinigang...Normally we add Prawns but we were in a hurry this time. This is our Default Dinner when we are really hungry. A Sour Soup (maybe our version of Tom Yum Goong?) with Tamarind Paste, Onion, Tomato, Taro, Okra, Water Spinach, Radish, and eggplant. A great and tasty way to sneak vegetables in.

Paired off with Ifugao Rice from where the Famous Banaue Rice Terraces are.

Any of you who blow into Manila are Welcome to eat in my house.

-rastamanila

That's what I'm making tomorrow! I cheat and use either the Knorr or Mama Sita's soup base. A little patis on top and it's like heaven. If we ever make it to Manila, I'm looking you up.

Lunch was church's chicken ( ran out of bread and had to buy lunch, not happy with that). Dinner is a glass of chocalate milk and an apple after a nice little run.

Looking foward to Thursday- gonna get a nice breaded steak sandwich with fresh shredded mozzarella cheese from Ricobenes. Can't wait.

ETA.

Rhodes, that steak looks awesome. I recently got a small supply of awesome frozen steaks that I am savoring as slowly as I can. That pic makes me want to fire up the grill.

Its a real hoot eating like that and losing weight. Wife makes a great steak, in particular T-Bone and Porterhouse.

Life is good

jersey mike's big kahuna cheese steak for lunch today with extra peppers.

The wife and I are planning to move to Florida in the near future. Good to see I might still be able to get a Philly style cheesesteak once I'm there.

• Like 1

Lunch?

That was just wishful thinking today.

Fishing money has to come from somewhere.

Dinner?

By the time I get home it'll be leftovers.

Man does that cheese steak look good.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

jersey mike's big kahuna cheese steak for lunch today with extra peppers.

I tried Jersey Mike's ONCE in Hagerstown, MD. Ordered via Internet. Went to get my lunch...they screwed the order up. Took it up to the counter, along with my order printout. They made me another sandwich...WRONG...with the Web order IN FRONT OF THEM.

What a bunch of idiots! Never Again.

Qt? Only taquitos I get are at 711 if my daughters are good in church - hey nothing says good behavior like bribery... Anyways most suck but the Monterey Jack chicken are pretty good.

I've eaten at jersey mikes- they're ok, a little overpriced but way better then jimmy jones IMO. Freaky fast? Yeah, no shit, I can make a lunch meat sandwich too, and not pay 8 bucks for it. Credit to there marketing department.

I've been trying to find a good Philly steak sandwich nearby for years. Lots of places in the ghettos make good ones. The greasy spoons there are great. (So long as can see them make my food). Haven't had much luck locally. Strangely, in a bad pinch, Walgreens makes one that isn't horrible.

Lunch was half a roast beef, bottle of water and a fiber one. Dinner will most likely be an apple and half a can of Campbell's chicken noodle. If my daughters let me eat. Past 7, I just wait for breakfast.

• Like 1

in the late 60s I was in Germany as a military dependent going to high school,

went out with the family to a local restaurant, don't remember what I ordered to eat but I ask for an ice tea to drink.

I could tell by the look on the waiters face that was a mistake,

after a while he brought out the wine my parents ordered and

a cup of hot water, a tea bag, and a scoop of ice cream for me.

guess I got what I ordered at some level.

seems like food ordered on the phone, on the web, or in person is subject to some level of miss-communication

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Breakfast, its whats for dinner.

Loaded Fried Potatoes & Eggs

Sausage, Bacon, Onion, Peppers, Chiles, Cajun Spice & Potatoes, topped with Eggs.

IMG_20150419_092747239_zpsfuva7nqx.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

Last night we had one of Little Caesar's Bacon Wrapped pizzas. I not a fan of Little Caesar's, but if you haven't tried one, that is one on the most intense pies I've ever eaten. 

• Like 2

Last night we had one of Little Caesar's Bacon Wrapped pizzas. I not a fan of Little Caesar's, but if you haven't tried one, that is one on the most intense pies I've ever eaten. 

They're kinda soggy though from all that bacon grease. I honestly like the normal deep deep dishes better.

They're kinda soggy though from all that bacon grease. I honestly like the normal deep deep dishes better.

That must be locational. The one we had was crispy on the outside and the dough was cooked all the way through. I sure wouldn't say it was soggy.

No pics of dinner tonight blush.png

Deep Fried Redfish & Mozzarella Sticks

Green Bean & Corn Casserole with Almonds & French Fried Onions on top.

Buttered Rice

My FiL and I are drooling at the thought of one these... I may have to take him out to lunch tomorrow.

• Like 2

pan-fried panko chicken cutlets in mustard sauce with cranberry stuffing on the side.

Definitely location, the one I am currently eating is nice and crispy

Well damn!