It pays to clean out your storage - Missing Izzy bakelites found!

I have a storage shed/workshop in the back part of the property.  It has been mostly storage for tons of un-opened boxes from our last move when we bought this house 4 years ago.  Some of these boxes have been packed since 2000 or so, and have been moved numerous times.  Finally wanting to reclaim my workshop and work bench to access my industrial drill press (I want to do an 80% AR lower on it), I bit the bullet and started pulling out boxes and emptying them.  

What did I find, but some orange bakelite Izhmash 30 round magazines!  I lost track of them so long ago, I actually forgot I had them.  They were in a box of web gear and pouches from back when I did gunshows, way back when (1988 to `about 2000).  What a sweet surprise.  While I know they can be found from time to time for $35 to $45 online, I am stuck in Kalifornication, where I am limited to high capacity that I legally possessed before 2000.

Izzy joy!

Izzy1_zpszme73qjw.jpg

Izzy%20mags_zps85ogwrlz.jpg

I had some Tapco smooth side orange mags that were OK, but they the lacked the steel lugs front and rear.  I converted them to 10 rounders and sold them locally.  I am REALLY happy!

Edited by imarangemaster
  • Like 2