I'm at a loss at my next firearm purchase. I already have the obligatory firearms nailed. I have an ar-15, 1911, Berreta 92, Ruger .357 mag, pump 12ga, double barreled 12ga, Saiga-12, Saiga v21 .308, wasr-10 ak-47, Mossberg .30-06, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Mosin Nagant m44. Kel-tec plr-16. Ruger 10/22, and a hi-point .45 carbine. Whats next? $600 max please. I would like a desert eagle, ar-10 m1903 Springfield. But I am limited by money. Thanks. I have had the single action .45lc also.

A pocket pistol is sometimes a good thing to have. S/W 638 is my usual BUG, but old 908 or Bulgy Makarov  have served. All would fit your budget, unless you opted for laser grips on the 638. 

If your ammo supply doesn't have 2 digits in front of the comma, get more ammo.

And mags. AK and AR mags at least 20 each. More is better.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

i have close to 5,000 rounds and reload for most of them. I really need powder. AA# 5 or AA#2 hs6. I have 8lbs for my .223. Y'all are right I have enough guns. My worry is that if I have to bug out I will have to leave half of it behind. Pick my best rifles shotgun and pistols and grab their ammo and leave the rest.

i have close to 5,000 rounds and reload for most of them. I really need powder. AA# 5 or AA#2 hs6. I have 8lbs for my .223. Y'all are right I have enough guns. My worry is that if I have to bug out I will have to leave half of it behind. Pick my best rifles shotgun and pistols and grab their ammo and leave the rest.

Likely more than half but same problem.

Yeah that is something of concern isnt it.

At least one can sort of hide what must be left given the time. All decent firearms have their niche and it isnt hard to justify in the mind getting more that may not be really needed.

We took a close look at things a couple of years ago and decided size and weight would be at least if not more important than other factors.

Whats stays (minus the bolts), what goes into the truck, what gets left in the truck should feet become the mode of transportation.

That last was the most difficult.

I don't have a sks. Are the type 56 chinese ones any good.

I love old interesting com-block weapons. I enjoy learning everything about them. I already have the ammo I think an sks would be a welcome addition. Besides they are rather inexpensive. I know they used to be dirt cheap.

There is no place safe.

Bugging out could be due to something as simple as fire. Never did make any sense as a primary plan in response to some breakdown. But having a plan to do it is better than nothing.

I know that area fairly well pretty much just rural south which aint bad at all, nice country.

Type 56 are fine.

Edited by Rhodes1968

My dad has one. He bought it new 10 years ago. Springfield Amrory M1A. Match barrel 1/4 minute sights. He shoots service rifle matches with it. It shoots better than we do. At 200 yards wherever the sights point is where the bullet will hit. I will inherit it one day.

Better than anything I'll ever inherit, though I suppose being jealous of what you'll get when your father dies is pretty morbid and messed up. 

Still, a very cool gun.

My very first rifle was my grandfather's 30-30 winchester :) great rifle and probably the last thing I would ever think of parting with. Hope whatever you get for a pistol doesn't let you down and don't worry about buyers remorse if you happen to blow your budget, it goes away :)