My suggestion would be to put 300 aside and order a kel tec sub 2k in whatever your flavor. That way when it arrives in a year you won't feel you've waited too long and you won't have paid two times that on gunbroker.

Kel tec just came out with a second generation that looks pretty cool. I haven't taken it much further than that.

Also fwiw I've heard that the 40 cal can have feeding issues. I never verified that but it was a persistent rumor. They are fun to shoot

My suggestion would be to put 300 aside and order a kel tec sub 2k in whatever your flavor. That way when it arrives in a year you won't feel you've waited too long and you won't have paid two times that on gunbroker.

Kel tec just came out with a second generation that looks pretty cool. I haven't taken it much further than that.

Also fwiw I've heard that the 40 cal can have feeding issues. I never verified that but it was a persistent rumor. They are fun to shoot

Never had any problem that wasnt related to ammo (cheap remans and then only two ) and god only knows how many rounds have gone though it. Either cal works fine and if one doesnt then fix the bitch and move on.

Cannot for the life of me understand why they produce them so slow, hey it's Kel-Tec may be the only answer we ever get.

Ah well

• Like 1

Kel tec just came out with a second generation that looks pretty cool. I haven't taken it much further than that.Also fwiw I've heard that the 40 cal can have feeding issues. I never verified that but it was a persistent rumor. They are fun to shoot

Never had any problem that wasnt related to ammo (cheap remans and then only two ) and god only knows how many rounds have gone though it. Either cal works fine and if one doesnt then fix the bitch and move on.

Cannot for the life of me understand why they produce them so slow, hey it's Kel-Tec may be the only answer we ever get.

Ah well

Well said

Didn't really research the mythical 40 problem because I don't shoot 40. Really wish they made a 45... Still consider an hk ump or USC or whatever the hell I'm allowed to own. Probably end up with a Thompson.

Wish I knew why they made them so slow, they are a quick seller. Also wish there were more aftermarket parts for them.

I'm at a loss at my next firearm purchase. I already have the obligatory firearms nailed. I have an ar-15, 1911, Berreta 92, Ruger .357 mag, pump 12ga, double barreled 12ga, Saiga-12, Saiga v21 .308, wasr-10 ak-47, Mossberg .30-06, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Mosin Nagant m44. Kel-tec plr-16. Ruger 10/22, and a hi-point .45 carbine. Whats next? $600 max please. I would like a desert eagle, ar-10 m1903 Springfield. But I am limited by money. Thanks. I have had the single action .45lc also.

Why do you need to buy another firearm if your just going to leave it...?? Not being a DICK here. but...???

You have 15 firearms in 10 different calibers. That is something to noddle I think.

Kel tec just came out with a second generation that looks pretty cool. I haven't taken it much further than that.Also fwiw I've heard that the 40 cal can have feeding issues. I never verified that but it was a persistent rumor. They are fun to shoot

Ah well

Well said

Didn't really research the mythical 40 problem because I don't shoot 40. Really wish they made a 45... Still consider an hk ump or USC or whatever the hell I'm allowed to own. Probably end up with a Thompson.

Wish I knew why they made them so slow, they are a quick seller. Also wish there were more aftermarket parts for them.

One of the reasons I went 40 over 45 so many years ago was availability of firearms. Just is what it is.

There is a ton of aftermarket stuff compared to other non-AR type PCCs and it really doesnt need much at all if anything depending on its place in the individual's planning. Add a small rail, laser, good light combo and you have a great little CQ gun. With a little innovation a red dot can be added and retain folding function for a few bucks (minus cost of red dot) and now that little rifle's range doubles.

This may surprise and be considered foolish but after using one for all this time I can think of many possibilities where I would hang onto it over a full MBR.  Not all but some in particular if faced with hoofing it.