Brought to you by the brady campaign to enslave us all. They want us to know that just because the bitch is dead doesn't mean we can rest easy. They are still coming for our freedom. Any way they can.

http://news.yahoo.com/milwaukee-gun-store-sued-for-supplying-guns-to-criminals-165403308.html

Milwaukee's Badger Guns sued for supplying gun used to shoot cops

"Collins and Burton entered the store together, Burton picked out which gun he wanted, and Collins even wrote that he was not the actual buyer of the weapon while completing a Firearms Transaction Board form, according to the complaint."

This lawsuit may actually have merit.  If the allegations about the store are correct (big IF), then the store violated firearms laws by knowingly selling to a straw buyer.  If true the store should have lost it's license.

Unfortunately for you and me, a successful lawsuit against a gun store will set a very bad precident that will be used to sue gun stores across the country.

To paraphrase the Old Milwaukee commercial, "It just doesn't get any better..." To admit you are not the actual buyer on the form should have sent up a white tail. All the dealers I've had contact with on any firearm sale seem to take as much time making sure the form is completed correctly as it did for me to fill out. I can't speak for Badger, but that sale was tainted from the beginning. Maybe the law should add a charge of 1st degree stupidity as well.

It looks like all 3 of them are at fault, the gun store should have checked into who he was buying it for/why he was buying it for him, Collins should have checked Wisconsin's gun laws, and Burton should have known he wasn't allowed to buy the gun in the first place.

Hopefully this does not lead to stricter gun laws.

Edited by Sand

On TV [i don't come from a "gun family so please excuse my ignorance] I see people buying extravagant guns [like custom engraved double-barreled shotguns] for people for holidays. How does that work [if it does] in reality?

You see many kids who are far too young to "legally" own guns, but are plenty old enough to be responsible with them, being given firearms as gifts by their parents. In Pioneer days, the kids would be EXPECTED to know how to use guns. Owning a gun helps them have a greater sense of responsibility.

In response to the gun store, they seem to have a history, and give the impression that they are more than willing to make a shady deal to keep the dough rolling in. If the evidence reported is true (if is such an insightful word for the power it wields), the lawsuit is merited, but it still makes the good stores and owners look bad.