Hey everybody, I've been looking at some different front sight post options, and found some cool stuff. I was wondering if y'all have used or are running any of these. Something else? Here are a couple that really pique my interest. First one is a 'KNS front sight post' the second a Blitzkrieg something or other. The latter says it's for an ar , Idk if it works for ak too(noob)? Anyway let me know where y'all stand on this.

post-50366-0-37234500-1429142165_thumb.jpg

post-50366-0-41375400-1429142182.jpg

That first one would be downright awful.

I thought maybe that one and a rear peep would be ok, but please elaborate as to what makes this a bad choice. Also when going with post and aperture, is it necessary to have the rear sight mounted closer to your eye, or does the standard sight position work best? How about mojo, good choice? Edit: On second thought, Krebs looks like it may be a better choice. Edited by RedRhino

Matt at C&S had the first one on his shotty and it was fine for that application but the crosshairs are pretty large and I wouldn't use them for a rifle at distance.

Ok, I think that answered the question I just posted, the crosshairs covering the target is the problem. That's kinda what I figured. I had also thought that it might work better on a shotgun.

I thought maybe that one and a rear peep would be ok, but please elaborate as to what makes this a bad choice. Also when going with post and aperture, is it necessary to have the rear sight mounted closer to your eye, or does the standard sight position work best? How about mojo, good choice? Edit: On second thought, Krebs looks like it may be a better choice.

Have the krebs on one AK works well nice improvement over the blade sight. The mojo may have a problem with recoil tossing the sight up had it on one rifle didnt try another so it may just have been a fluke with that particular sight.

I thought maybe that one and a rear peep would be ok, but please elaborate as to what makes this a bad choice. Also when going with post and aperture, is it necessary to have the rear sight mounted closer to your eye, or does the standard sight position work best? How about mojo, good choice? Edit: On second thought, Krebs looks like it may be a better choice.

For the same reason 6500 said. That crosshair would be covering a massive portion of the target. There's no way you could get a consistent POA on it at even 50 yards, let alone 100-200.

For the same reason 6500 said. That crosshair would be covering a massive portion of the target. There's no way you could get a consistent POA on it at even 50 yards, let alone 100-200.

Dang W8 took yah long enough ;) haha nah, but I realized why shortly after asking why. Thank you though.

On a shotgun you just need a bead. The length of the sight makes all the difference in the world when it comes to precision. I'm a big fan of the ghost ring and a nice bead on post for target training but no way in hell would I slow it down and put sights on a scatter gun.

• Like 1

Here is the sight picture with Krebs. They work pretty well for me, especially for turkeys, but I've done quite a bit of clay and wing shooting with them, too.

post-23857-0-91825800-1429917323_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Forgive me for my ignorance here. But when using such a setup, on a rifle specifically...how do you aim? I know , I must sound like an idiot. But I have no experience using an aperture sight. So would I be trying to center the "ring" of the front sight blades in the ring of the rear sight? How does it work in the setup pictured above?

Well, that's on a S-12, so the top of the post centered in the aperture acts the same as a bead. Basically, it's the same with a rifle, except the aperture is about the same diameter as the width of the post. That makes the sights very accurate.

Well, that's on a S-12, so the top of the post centered in the aperture acts the same as a bead. Basically, it's the same with a rifle, except the aperture is about the same diameter as the width of the post. That makes the sights very accurate.

ooooh ok. It threw me off when I saw that picture, I didn't realize there was a difference in aperture size in the s12, and rifle sights. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I did realize it was an S-12 when he said he was shooting turkeys and clay/wing shooting though. So I got that goin for me. Haha

Here is the sight picture with Krebs. They work pretty well for me, especially for turkeys, but I've done quite a bit of clay and wing shooting with them, too.

Nice photography. That's hard to do!

Forgive me for my ignorance here. But when using such a setup, on a rifle specifically...how do you aim? I know , I must sound like an idiot. But I have no experience using an aperture sight. So would I be trying to center the "ring" of the front sight blades in the ring of the rear sight? How does it work in the setup pictured above?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ar+sight+picture&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=za8-VeutJIa4oQSA-IGQAQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

• Like 1

ooooh ok. It threw me off when I saw that picture, I didn't realize there was a difference in aperture size in the s12, and rifle sights. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I did realize it was an S-12 when he said he was shooting turkeys and clay/wing shooting though. So I got that goin for me. Haha

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anywhere where you were asking specifically about rifle sights, but I know Krebs was mentioned.

Edited by YOT

Right, I didn't mention a rifle until after he posted the shotgun pic. I also didn't realize there were Krebs for shotguns too until then. If I'm sticking with irons I'll probably go Krebs and the original front post. But I'm also considering replacing the rear sight with one of those rails, armacon looks good because it sits nice and low, and putting a see all sight on it.

I did now. Honestly, looks like a lot more trouble for the same basic outcome. Is there a reason you would recommend tech sights over a rear sight replacement like Krebs?

The major thing is placement of the small aperture very close to the eye, for better sight alignment. 

• Like 1

Hmm not sure which is bigger the Krebs works the Mojo didnt so well on the AK.

The Tech-Sight is great for irons, really lengthens that sight radius to almost double. Use the TWS with peep on one AK use Krebs for the others.

Fast sighting and they work with the brain's natural tendency to center objects.