Newbie questions. Polishing vs break in? Low brass ? AA quad rail? CS

I'm new to this forum and had a few questions.

My gun has cycled flawlessly with high brass 00 buckshot 2 3/4 and 3" magnums. I have never had the desire to shoot low brass bird shot because well.... I'm not freakin shooting birds with it.... I guess people use low brass because it's cheaper?

Also, I understand that polishing your firearm makes everything function smoother. Well if I shoot the s12 enough wouldn't it eventually 'break in' and smooth it's self out?

Does anyone actually have the Alliance Armament aluminum quad rail installed? I bought one and I like how it looks and fits however it will be my last purchase from AA for the rest of my life do to poor costumer service.

Has anyone used the Carolina Shooter Supply threaded shroud? I got burned by Alumalite and will never do business with them again do to ZERO customer service and items that are not delivered within 3 months!

Thank you for any info you can give me. I haven't seen much action on this thread since I've been here and have gotten very few results using the search feature.

Edited by Hazieview
  • Like 1

There is some very good information in this thread:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82039-not-cycling-high-brass-help-a-newbie-out/&do=findComment&comment=825101

Check out Gunfun's post #27 in the thread. It has some good suggestions.

Many of us do shoot birdshot primarily for economy, and some of us even shoot clays with our S-12s. If your gun shoots buck and slugs with no issues, and that is all you intend to shoot, then you may just want to enjoy it and let it break in naturally. Nothing wrong with that.

As far as the barrel shroud and CSS, I have one, but it just sits in the safe, after changing from a tactical configuration with the Chaos rail, to a more classic AK look with wood. IMHO the shrouds serve no purpose other than aesthetics. (And possibly saving your hand from a hot barrel after several mag dumps)

I will say that the ones from CSS are well made and lock up tight. I would also say that CSS is a terrific company, that I will always purchase from first unless they happen to not have what I need for a project. They have always shipped fast, great customer service, and will have my business for a long time. You can buy from them with confidence.

Thank yall very much for the replies. I appreciate it. I think I will go ahead and order the shroud from CSS. You were correct about burning your hand thing in regards to the shroud. That's the only reason I want it is to keep people from getting burned. Well that and leaning it up against the seat in the Side by side atv etc.

I was just making sure I was on the right track. I already got burned by two companies because I hadn't done my research. I hope it never happens again. I'm also trying to go less tacticool and more purpose driven modifications.

• Like 1