Gun rights top gun control in major public opinion shift

"We are at a moment when most Americans believe crime rates are rising and when most believe gun ownership – not gun control – makes people safer," said the survey.

And they would be correct!

Yeah, I have noodled the crime stat not rising and the mental thought that ppl have that crime is rising, with all the news outlets, radio, internet, TV, Iphones, etc, bad news travels fast... and sells advertisement.

Then you throw in the undocumented invaders, well, the general public might be ahead of the curve.

Plus americans don't like to be told what they can/cannot own...

• Like 1

Actually, I should have been more specific..."gun ownership -not gun control- makes people safer" would be correct. It is nice to see people come around to what many of us have already known for a while.

That and with gun ownership at an all time high, there are a lot more people that "gun control" affects. No one seems to care about an issue until it affects them personally, and it is their rights that are being infringed upon.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 2

Actually, I should have been more specific..."gun ownership -not gun control- makes people safer" would be correct. It is nice to see people come around to what many of us have already known for a while.

That and with gun ownership at an all time high, there are a lot more people that "gun control" affects. No one seems to care about an issue until it affects them personally, and it is their rights that are being infringed upon.

That is sadly the case. Its good that people are choosing to buy them more of their own choice since I shudder to think what government subsidized guns would look like.

That is sadly the case. Its good that people are choosing to buy them more of their own choice since I shudder to think what government subsidized guns would look like.

GLOCKS

• Like 3

GLOCKS

Nah, more like shitty high points.

• Like 7

GLOCKS

Well, if the lifestyles of the locals on government assistance have any indication, it would be les Baer 1911's High end benellis, and. Um. Well. An ar that costs about 3g's ( I'm on an ak forum wtf do I know about ar's :) )

Total thread derail. I've dealt with this personally several times. Drives me nuts.

• Like 1

GLOCKS

Well, if the lifestyles of the locals on government assistance have any indication, it would be les Baer 1911's High end benellis, and. Um. Well. An ar that costs about 3g's ( I'm on an ak forum wtf do I know about ar's :) )

Total thread derail. I've dealt with this personally several times. Drives me nuts.

Evidently, I need to start shopping on the black market. Do they have a website so I can safely shop at home? :)

• Like 2

21077617.jpg

On April 20, the Cleveland City Council passed a sweeping body of gun control measures supported by Mayor Frank Jackson (D), although there is a great deal of concern about whether the measures are effective or even enforceable.
City Council President Kevin Kelley (D) made clear his belief that the effectiveness of the measures ought not become a litmus test. Rather, he asserted that the gun control should pass because it is a “reflection of [the] council’s values and is good public policy.”

According to Cleveland.com,Kelley went so far as to admit “the legislation was not designed to stop gun violence” to begin with. Instead, he hopes it will “encourage responsible gun ownership.”

Here are the myriad new gun control measures that were passed on April 20 to reflect the council’s values:

Prohibits carrying a concealed deadly weapon or handgun, unless the person is a police officer or a person who holds a license to carry a concealed weapon.
    Requires a person who sells or transfers a gun, and who is not a licensed gun dealer, to report such transactions to police
    Requires an owner to report a lost or stolen gun to police.
    Creates a gun offender registry, requiring people convicted of gun crimes to register their names with Cleveland’s Safety Director.
    Prohibits the display, marking or sale of a facsimile firearm and prohibits brandishing a facsimile firearm in the presence of law enforcement or with the intent to frighten people.
    Prohibits the negligent transfer of a firearm to a felon or intoxicated person.
    Sets restrictions for firearms in the hands of minors and restricts discharging firearms in public areas, including schools, churches, cemeteries, playgrounds, and parks.
    Requires owners to safely store firearms to keep them from being stolen or out of the hands of children.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter@AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com

Edited by wasrNwarpaint

GLOCKS

Well, if the lifestyles of the locals on government assistance have any indication, it would be les Baer 1911's High end benellis, and. Um. Well. An ar that costs about 3g's ( I'm on an ak forum wtf do I know about ar's smile.png )

Evidently, I need to start shopping on the black market. Do they have a website so I can safely shop at home? smile.png

Yes, but the best known one- thesilkroad got shut down. "safely' is a relative term though.

• Like 1