I am curious, has anyone tried the Alien Gear conceal carry holster on the forum, and what were your impressions? I use a Versa-carry with the XDS, which is great at first but bites into you after several hours, and use a simple Uncle Mikes neoprene IWB for a lower back carry of my Glock 19.

I went IWB with my G27 for a while and hated it. Finally decided to go OTWB and just adjust my apparel and have never gone back.

Summertime is a T-shirt with a safari vest. If someone gets a glimpse I don't give a shit.

Maybe I'm just getting to fat for IWB.

• Like 1

Been carrying a Raven Phantom holster for my Glock 19 at roughly the 5 o' clock (right handed) position for awhile now. Much like this, but my straps look different:

021.jpg

I got nothing but good things to say about it. Bought one for my brother's 26 as a wedding present. He likes his, too.

I really like the N82 professional holsters.  You get the positive click and retention of kydex and the comfort of a leather backer for your skin.
After getting used to this style, all other holsters drive me nuts.

professional.png

I am curious, has anyone tried the Alien Gear conceal carry holster on the forum, and what were your impressions? I use a Versa-carry with the XDS, which is great at first but bites into you after several hours, and use a simple Uncle Mikes neoprene IWB for a lower back carry of my Glock 19.

Yes. I think I might have done the first review video on it.

Short of buying a stealth gear holster, I think it is the best deal on the market.

A friend got the neoprene backed one. I think I would still opt for the original style metal clips after looking at his. It might be a little more comfortable too, but hard to say. I like the sealed leather on the original style just fine.

I have considered drilling perforations in there for a bit more breath ability and flex, but it hasn't really been an issue.

As for biting into me? No. But it's not my preferred style for long car trips, since the front edge will do that just a little against my thigh. In those times, I prefer to leave the holster on, but move my gun to a holster in the seat gap. My old holster is a galco royal guard, which holds the pistol in the same angle and place in a more conventional IWB design. It can move around more though, and I actually prefer to use that holster crossdraw, which is very comfortable in the car. Mine is horsehide which is always worth the extra money.

• Like 1