5rd Factory Magazine Fail to feed....

The best I can tell is earlier this year I ordered an MKA 1919.  Both the factory 5rd mags that it came with won't feed properly.  I have searched for similar issues but have not been able to find anything to help me.  So I ask you what can I do or should I do if anything.  Luckily my gun seems to function and cycle through low brass and high without any issue for the most part.  However the magazine will fail to feed if you will.  As in it will load a round eject go to load another but the next round isn't coming up to the top of the mag.  The best way I can describe it is the walls of the magazine are pinching the follower or ammo.  The best I can tell the walls of the mag aren't crushed or pressed in that I can tell....  Maybe not a strong enough spring?  Its getting frustrating.  I had planned on buying Salem 6's 10rd upgrade kit, however am I wasting my money if my 5 isn't working.  Then I thought maybe buy Tooth and Nails follower's maybe thats my problem.  Then I figured maybe best bet is to just start over with 2 new factory 10rd mags.  Any suggestions would be great just don't want to waste money here I have put in a lot already to just waste any.  I will be able to work on this over the weekend so any help would be great.  It will have me further along then I am right now.  Thanks in advance if anyone can chime in.  

Also side note I've tried storing the mags loaded. As well as just unloading by hand still the rounds will hang in the mag at some point.  A simple slap of the wall of the mag to the hand moves the rounds up into position.  This is driving me nuts!!

Pull the spring and follower from the magazines,  Hold them upside down and load 5 shells.  Watch for any binding.  If the shells stick, the magazine body is pinched. Try to locate where the binding exits and widen the magazine body slightly.  I've slipped a small hammer handle into the body and twisted the hammer to expand the body.

Do the same test with the follower.  If only the follower drags, then dress the sides of the follower down with sandpaper.  Just a little at a time should do it.

^^^^ This^^^^^

Both mags prolly need a little adjustment. Your springs should have 7-8 coils. I bet its just catching. Try to unload a loaded mag manually and see if they are not coming up. I vote for Salem six mag extensions. Bought two and both work great. Gun looks way better and proportioned with ten rounders. I only had to file down the inside of one mag the other one worked great with no filing. I also suggest that if you can not get mags to work write the manufacturer an email. I had a break in my feed lips and they replaced for free no problem. Sent me a new gun. I am sure if they dont work they will send you new mags. And remember i think going ten round mags means 922r com-pliancy. You say your gun cycles low brass. Did you break in gun with hot loads first. I had too. I can shoot wal mart brand stuff now but before i could not. 

You can also use a little gun oil in the mag to aid in friction. Check the BHO in the follower to see if it is catching on anything.

Sorry for the delay in getting back here....

Alright some how the walls are pinching the rounds enough I assume to cause the problem.  I can't just drop a round and it not remotely get stuck and need to be forced out.  Just out of curiosity I pulled out my VEPR 12 mags.  I have the factory 5 and a SGM?10RD.  Took the spring and followers out and sure enough the rounds slide smooth all the way through.  So with minimal time I have began trying the technique you had mentioned by widening the walls towards the back of the mag and it seems to be helping.  As far as the follow it seems to drag but just by the BHO catch of the rear the sides seem to clear fine.  I think this process will get what I need done.  I will have more time this weekend to get to work on it and see how it continues to go.  Thanks everyone for the tips.  Looks like if it continues as planned I will be getting with Salem for their adapters to make them 10RD's.  Again thanks everyone for the help here, very much appreciated!!