I'm not an attorney and you live if Florida so fuck it! File off the weld and screw on your flash hider. My G-d forsaken arsenal did not have threads under there! 

i plan on asking a local gun store owner friend to see if he can shed some light on the subject. he very well may know who to ask as well.

Ya Know it's funny, we have the sum of human knowledge at our finger tips. All it requires is reading and understanding.

Put the candy crush down and enlighten your self.

Heck the answer maybe in this very forum, if only there was a search function on the internet?

Don't take this to hard, was posted tongue in P

Edited by Dad2142Dad

Ya Know it's funny, we have the sum of human knowledge at our finger tips. All it requires is reading and understanding.

Put the candy crush down and enlighten your self.

Heck the answer maybe in this very forum, if only there was a search function on the internet?

Don't take this to hard, was posted tongue in P

i hear ya. problem is how to word the search. i fooled around for a second and gave up. not giving up entirely. the local gun store is a good one and my guy will probably know who to talk too. law enforcement lawyers etc.  will dig deeper when i am serious about adding a break/comp/flash suppressor... not going to jump into something potentially illegal. 

Well, I live in Ct. Florida, and there's nothing prohibiting me from owning a threaded barrel of any length. So long as I'm not in possession of say an AR pistol length barrel (and I'm not), but no pistol receiver, or something of that sort, all is well, but that's NFA regulations and a whole different ball game. I've come across a few FNX-45's with threaded barrels in some fun stores recently as well... So, my bet is that you're good to go, but it's always best to check.

Threaded pistol barrel is legal in FL. Stop worrying and cut the weld.

it's the hard chrome plated draco that C.A. put out several years ago. i hope this plating wont be a problem.

Be a problem for what?

my dremel cutting wheel. lol.

i'm sure it won't be.

but am worried about the finish a little but again probably won't be a big deal cosmetically.

I used a hacksaw to cut the weld on my Wasr, finished up with a file. If you're using a Dremel, just go slow and don't cut too deep. It's just a small spot weld, right? You can usually cut 3/4th of the way through then break the weld by unthreading.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I used a hacksaw to cut the weld on my Wasr, finished up with a file. If you're using a Dremel, just go slow and don't cut too deep. It's just a small spot weld, right? You can usually cut 3/4th of the way through then break the weld by unthreading.

Bingo. Go slowly. With a file/hacksaw the job will take maybe 5 minutes. Less time than it takes to make a new "So I just dremmeled up the threads on my gun, what die do I need to clean up the threads?" thread. and its sister thread: "Help me pick a duracoat color to cover the spots where my dremel caught on the front sight and skittered down the barrel!"

• Like 1

^ What GunFun said. I did mine a couple of passes at a time with a hacksaw. Two passes and twist,two passes and twist, repeat until it breaks free then clean up with a file. I added a slant break to keep it as short as possible.

post-15138-0-34406700-1432236023_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I have never had any Drexel oops myself, but find it easier to screw up with something like a hacksaw that wants to bite and slip.

Mask off your work area in painters tape, use a small grinding wheel on the Dremel, then break the weld. Have done three welded AKs that way with no issue.

I also find it easier to shape and clean up the remaining blob on the FSB with a Dremel. YMMV

Save the worn dremmel disks for fine work. I find that the new disks want to bite and dance  a lot more than the ones that are about 1/2 their original diameter.

• Like 3