Good news from Montana! CAN HUNT WITH CAN!

Dealers are going to be on fire with transfers. When FWC made the decision to allow hunting with cans eveyone was scrambling to buy suppressors, mostly people who previously had no clue they could legally own one. It is nice to see good things happen for personal liberty these days.

By the way, Montana is my top choice for refuge if Florida deteriorates.

• Like 1

12ga ones are more than I'll ever be comfortable spending on a can. I'll use my 15 dollar ear plugs and save my 2 grand to buy an AK74, maybe another "fun gun" with it, and a ton of ammo.

Stryker, I'm happy Bullock amended the bill to allow for this. I don't think anyone saw it coming. But, imho, the only reason he did this was because he shot every other pro 2A bill down. It was a political move to save some face.

For me personally, this is a bigger/better deal than any of the other bills presented this session. So, other than the fact this is going to cost me another $1.5k, I'm super surprised and super stoked.

• Like 2

Very good news indeed.  I for one have always wondered why I must have a muffler for my Harley but can not seem easily to get just a mundane muffler for my short barrel rifle?  Which both need.  This is good news.  But then again I can not hear a word you are saying because it is too late.  "What"?  "WHAT"!  HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 2

Welcome to the club. Someday I will get around to putting together a centerfire hunting rig that I can suppress.

I know the .22 around the farm is great for groundhogs without spooking the livestock.

Very good news indeed.  I for one have always wondered why I must have a muffler for my Harley but can not seem easily to get just a mundane muffler for my short barrel rifle?  Which both need.  This is good news.  But then again I can not hear a word you are saying because it is too late.  "What"?  "WHAT"!  HB of CJ (old coot)

Not only that, but consider the rationale for making suppressors NFA items, which is that it would somehow be easier to get away with shooting someone if you could easily suppress the report of the gun.

Imagine if the same logic were applied to vehicle mufflers, and you couldn't install a muffler on your car or motorcycle without special licensing because it could make it easier for you to evade the police.

• Like 1

Loud pipes save lives...'er something.

• Like 2

Not only that, but consider the rationale for making suppressors NFA items, which is that it would somehow be easier to get away with shooting someone if you could easily suppress the report of the gun.

Imagine if the same logic were applied to vehicle mufflers, and you couldn't install a muffler on your car or motorcycle without special licensing because it could make it easier for you to evade the police.

Or sneak up to run someone over. I welcome the day they smarten up and return it to the same status as purchasing a firearm. Do your stinking background check, you know how many I own anyways (or do you?) and let me own a silencer without having the same restrictions as there is on everything else that seems to represent some imagined threat.

• Like 1

Yeah, no one will notice that it sounds like someone was setting off an air hammer repeatedly in the house next door. I wonder if politicians have ever even heard a suppressed firearm fire?

Yeah, no one will notice that it sounds like someone was setting off an air hammer repeatedly in the house next door. I wonder if politicians have ever even heard a suppressed firearm fire?

They saw it on TV once...fired from a Glock 7...