What is it with people and texting while driving? Especially this younger generation, but adults too. The other day I saw this kid which I'm guessing was probably in his teens, possibly early 20's that was texting while driving in heavy work traffic. He had to swerve to keep from hitting another car. Then, I see him again a little later in bumper to bumper traffic STILL texting while driving! shocked.gifanger.gif        A few times he almost rear ended the car in front of him. I was tempted to get his license plate # and call the police.

Why not just call the person instead of texting? Better yet, pull over and call them when your able. No text, phone call, whatever is so urgent that you should risk getting in an accident over.   

Even way back before the dawn of time, or around 1972, the fire department I worked for had written policy that pretty much precluded anybody talking on the radio while proceeding down the road driving a fire apparatus.  We could listen, but not transmit.  Even back then it was very well understood that the human brain can only process so much information.

We would be amazed how much our noggins must do every one tenth second even to just safely drive a car.  To try to add onto that all the eye, hand and brain miscommunication that must occur to text on your personal communication device, we must understand, (some of us) that texting and driving simply do not mix.  The punishment should be instant death.

Maybe worserer.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Nothing pisses me off more then some asshole on a two lane hilly and winding highway with limited, very short, to no passing zones for miles on end, who is speeding up and slowing down constantly (>60 to <50 to >60 etc.). When I finally get a chance to pass, so I can use my cruise control and drive consistently, 90% of the time the asshat fuckbag is fucking around with their phone. I would love to help them eat that fucking phone! Fuck that irritates me! Yes, I just experienced this, yet again, this afternoon.

• Like 4

The two things that really, really, REALLY piss me off are when I'm on the highway doing 3-4 miles above the speed limit, and people are passing me like crazy. I'm like "slow down you a-hole, you really do not need to be going that fast." I want to see a patrol car pull out and take them down a notch. The other thing is people driving below the speed limit or going really slow on country roads with double yellow lines. Drives me absolutely insane. I want to blast my horn and flip them off, but I refrain so as not to get myself in trouble.

Flame over.

I like the ones who must jam their vehicle into your safe following distance when there is traffic ahead,

or some other situation when there is zero advantage to them cutting you off. You look in the rearview,

and there is nobody behind you..... they could have just pulled up behind you, but no... they HAD to be

in front of you.

Another one that's really entertaining is the jokers who fly across four lanes of traffic at the very last

possible second to the exit ramp.

anger.gif

The two things that really, really, REALLY piss me off are when I'm on the highway doing 3-4 miles above the speed limit, and people are passing me like crazy. I'm like "slow down you a-hole, you really do not need to be going that fast." I want to see a patrol car pull out and take them down a notch. The other thing is people driving below the speed limit or going really slow on country roads with double yellow lines. Drives me absolutely insane. I want to blast my horn and flip them off, but I refrain so as not to get myself in trouble.

Flame over.

I live on a back country road and feel that the lack of a reasonable posted speed limit drives me insane. Slow the hell down. What difference should it make speeding by someone's home whether is urban or rural. anger.gif Speeding by my home makes me want to park a tractor in the road and take a wheel off of it.

Sign says construction next ten miles, right lane closed. Everyone shifts to the left lane with the exception of a few assholes who speed down to the choke point and try and get in at the last second.

Not sure who pisses me off more, the assholes who do that or the assholes who let them in........

Hero in this is the trucker who pulls out into both lanes to try and cut the assholes off

• Like 3

i fight the bastards on a daily basis. what gets me is that you try to stay off the traffic and they keep filling the gap in front of you. then they wonder why "how come you didn't see me"... no win situation. sick of it.....less than 5yrs left then DONE!  one of these days they might not get so lucky and here's what might meet them....

2yk0qbd.jpg

• Like 2

Sign says construction next ten miles, right lane closed. Everyone shifts to the left lane with the exception of a few assholes who speed down to the choke point and try and get in at the last second.

Not sure who pisses me off more, the assholes who do that or the assholes who let them in........

Hero in this is the trucker who pulls out into both lanes to try and cut the assholes off

BINGO! These people irritate the living daylights out of me. I try to keep the gap right behind the truckers who do this so they know they can get back over. Unfortunately there are always those who think their time is much more valuable than everyone's else's.

As far as texting and driving goes, it is epidemic. I may get flamed for this and that is fine, but I support treating those who are texting and driving and cause an accident to be treated the same as those driving under the influence with steep fines, DL suspension, and increased insurance rates. Until that occurs, most people just are not going to take the danger it poses to others seriously.

i fight the bastards on a daily basis. what gets me is that you try to stay off the traffic and they keep filling the gap in front of you. then they wonder why "how come you didn't see me"... no win situation. sick of it.....less than 5yrs left then DONE!  one of these days they might not get so lucky and here's what might meet them....

I drove an 18-wheeler OTR for 3 years, that was enough for me.

I dont get angry at these people any longer, obviously they have lost the ability of reason, getting angry is just futile and makes me a less safe driver.

What I do is adjust for the insanity and get where I am going hopefully as do they. Dont confuse this with approval.

Edited by Rhodes1968

I drove an 18-wheeler OTR for 3 years, that was enough for me.

i did that for about 6 mths (OTR) in my early yrs, couple trips up northeast coast with lake effect snow did me in. guys that take on that profession have my greatest respect. after buffalo and nova scotia pushing snow with the front bumper....i said no more! went local driving a mixer, now 37 yrs later and almost done....thank God!

• Like 1

Two words:  Dash Cam.

I invested in one after almost wiping out some college brat texting while riding a bicycle.  He dusted the stop sign, right out in front of me, and I hit the horns.  He wiped out, then tried to tell the cop I hit him.  Lucky for me, another driver had stopped and saw the whole thing.  Biker Boy got a nice $150 ticket for texting and driving(first offense), plus a good case of road rash.

• Like 2