Hi,

for quite some time I infrequently have a shift of zero.

I did some testing and checking and the reddot is fixed.

As I am using a reddot I dont think its a paralax error which I could not explain on the short shotgun distances anyway.

It is not removing the barrel as I did it serval times put it back in and no appearant shift of zero.

However, after shooting like 25 to 30 rounds in quick successin simulating a long course the shots are shifting low and right. More right than low. On 20m like 3cm low and around 5 right.

Not so much a problem when shooting bird buck or slugs on the normal target. But enough to miss a clay with a slug or a popper on longer distances.

If I let the gun cool down its shifting again to the original zero.

So its defenitely a heat issue.

Anyone experienced the same????

I am also not sure if the thightness of the locking nut has any impact too.

I am using a pre-XN model and the locking nut and the counter nut come loose sooner or later. Not really loose after 25 to 30 rounds but maybe just a little bid less thight changing the swinging habit of the barrel?

Not sure about that just some thinking.

Anyway, anyone experiencing something like it?

Interesting. Good catch. Maybe HK engineered these?

But now that you have identified the issue, what could you do about it? If the barrel is warping under heat, swapping it would be the solution. If the frame, perhaps one of the billet aluminum ones could solve the issue. But short of buying parts and hoping, I don't know how you would show it to be one or the other.

If its just heat I am a little bid surprised that it already comes after lets say 30 rounds. But then again normally I start cold at a stage and it would therefore only affect the last rounds and then only if they are long distant slugs on a small target.

If its the locking nut I just thigten it every 3 stages or so and before a slug stage.

Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

I do have a XN model with a full metal lower too but its not yet running meaning the first matches this year will have to be with the old one. Next week is Venice Shotgun Match and there will be 6 stationary clays with slugs from 15 to 25m,. Would hate to have 6 miss before I even start lol. Its the same range where the world shoot will be this September so I do expect there to be clays with slugs again. Not sure if I have the new one running until Sep.

Was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same.  If yes, it would support my theory

I mean clamp the shotgun down solidly so that it cannot move  so you can conclusively prove zero. Then get it hot without moving the gun. See if Zero moves. Let it cool. Shoot again. See if zero returns.

Another thought. It could be the part of the reciver where the optic is mounted that is flexing. Moving the optic forward or back could solve the issue.