I heard this on the ABC news this morning and thought I missed something when they said AA fire. Now it's being reported in  all the media outlets that I've looked up that Kim did use AA guns to execute the poor bastard. I remember Bruce Willis in "The Jackal" doing in Jack Black and thought that's a bit far fetched. I wonder where the NKs got their idea?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/13/asia/north-korea-executes-defense-chief/index.html

https://youtu.be/pyXdB_AYiDs?t=30

NK has probably the most AA installations in the world. It's not like they have a shortage of guns or AA rounds.

Plus he executed one of his highest ranking officers. What better way to send a message than to chunk his entire body apart with a few 12.7mm

they've probably had that ammo since the 50s and didn't want to just toss it out

guess we'll hear what else was laying around the warehouse when the next lottery winner comes up

Sounds like a joke but this is probably it. I have a feeling that NK has more AA rounds than small arms ammunition.

Knew a guy who was a merchant mariner who sailed into NK for food aid in the 90s.. Said there were AA sites everywhere on hilltops, even visible from the water. I looked into it later on and found that there was even a Google Earth KMZ file with all of the AA sites marked. It's insane.

Of course I think someone needs to notify them that propeller driven aircraft are not a serious threat any more.. Unless those guns are radar guided I just don't see what good they are.

N7UEFKK.jpg

• Like 2

At least we know they aren't geared up well to invade anyone. I wish there was a practical way to rescue all the people raised in those prison camps.

Well, if he did commit treason, it was an honorable display. He could have just been shot in the back of the head and dumped in a ditch. Instead, they threw a parade and used an expensive round, or a hundred. Hell of a way to go for treason!

• Like 1

Well, if he did commit treason, it was an honorable display. He could have just been shot in the back of the head and dumped in a ditch. Instead, they threw a parade and used an expensive round, or a hundred. Hell of a way to go for treason!

Or for falling asleep during a meeting. I couldn't begin to tell how many times I had started to nod at work during our gettogethers in our conference room. Always a lot of people crammed in a small area, too much CO2 and perfume. That and endless droning pushes my snooze button. I'm lucky the boss can't shoot me for that. Yet.