Galil Orlite mags?

I'm using unmodified galil orlite mags in my saiga.

I used a dremel to open up the front of the the mag well

1-2mm and slimmed the trunnion rivet heads slightly.

Alternatively you could file down a small section of the

ribs where the mag contacts the mag well.

After getting the feed ramp right they work perfectly.

Edited by Zarathustra

ok spent a little time on it, and being im a lazy bastard, i copied a post i just made on another board and will paste it right here.

ok so i have a saiga .223 conversion by ak-usa that uses 5.45 mags with robarm followers. i have converted several successfully, but was curious about the galil 35 round orlites.

as you can see they are similar to the 5.45 mags but there is a narrow section on the front of the mag matched by an indent in the magwell of the ak. i ground down the first half rib on the galil mag to allow it to fit in the magwell at all.

1st mag is 5.45 polymer, second is prototype galil mod, third is unmolested galil orlite

145366.JPG

at this point i noticed there was some play front to back in the mag. i compared it to the 5.45 mag and the 5.45 had a little lip of material in the top rear of the mag. this fills the gap in between the magazine brace coming off the rail and the mag, making it tilt at the corect angle to feed. the galil mag is flat on top and has a gap between the mag and the rail, making it rock back and forth.

145364.JPG

when i tilt the mag forward and make it as if this material was there stopping the mag from rocking, it feeds ammo perfectly.

i am thinking i should add something on the top rear of it to make it sit the way it is supposed to. what should i use? is there some kind of epoxy i can put on it? i was even considering dabbing a small spot weld underneath that mag locking piece on the rail but im afraid i wont be able to fit the original 5.45 mags without mods then.

ive also thought about supergluing two tiny spacers to the rear lips of the mag.

i have to keep it so the mag can still be used ina galil, so another thought was to glue a tiny spacer on the top of the back mag catch lip, this would keep it in place.

145365.JPG

Edited by daemon734
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...