http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-military-and-civilians-are-increasingly-divided/ar-BBkaN9f

"I am well-aware that many Americans, especially our elite classes, consider the military a bit like a guard dog," said Lt. Col. Remi M. Hajjar, a professor of behavioral sciences and leadership at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

"They are very thankful for our protection, but they probably wouldn't want to have it as a neighbor," he said. "And they certainly are not going to influence or inspire their own kids to join that pack of Rottweilers to protect America."

The elite class can blow me

Sad this story gets posted on this weekend. But it is the LA times

Lt. Col. Remi M. Hajjar is just another useless pencil-pushing REMF ring-knocker, climbing the career ladder by brown-nosing his way to the top.

Clipped from his bio:

"He presently serves as the Director of the Sociology Program, and is an Academy Professor.   He has published, researched, and instructed in the areas of cultural sociology, military sociology, cross-cultural competence, cultural diversity, education, and leadership.  Academic affiliations (past and present) include the American Sociological Association, Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society, Eastern Sociological Society, North Central Sociological Association, and the Proteus Futures Working Group.  He has presented dozens of papers, and organized and presided on academic panels. "

COMPLETELY USELESS. HE LEADS FROM THE REAR.

Ring-knocker:

Derogatory usage: any such officer who relies on the patronage of senior academy alumni to protect their career.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 3

There is nothing in that quote you posted that I disagree with.  It is nothing new that the monied class and the liberal media (they are in no way elite) look down on the military.  Many actively despise it. 

But the headline of the story is all I need to see. 

U.S. military and civilians are increasingly divided

Just bullshit.  Most civilians love the military.  There is a trend recently for parents to push their children away from the military because of the leadership.  We have thrown our children's lives away.  How do you think it feels to lose a son in the battle of Ramadi and then see the terrorists in control of it again?  To have the administration, the representatives of the Coward in Chief, tell us we shouldn't set our hair on fire over every setback? 

Well you don't have to wonder how they feel.  This mother of a fallen SEAL will tell you.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/05/24/all-for-nothing-us-vets-who-fought-for-ramadi-angry-over-fall-to-isis/

So I would not want my son or daughter to join the military now.  Not until we get honorable leadership.

• Like 5

The holder of the Office of the President of the United States, in his role as Commander In Chief, is subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

He should be tried in a Military Court for his many crimes under UCMJ, and when convicted, serve the maximum penalty under that same UCMJ.

• Like 4