I have my Saiga as my current background on my computer.

This photo to be exact:

17394764102_e113925a6a_b.jpg

Saiga by David Pyzik, on Flickr

He came into the office and I didn't have any windows up.  He says "ah, .223?"

I was surprised.  Turns out he lives just a mile or two from me as well.

Just thought I'd share.  That's the second time I've been surprised by a co-worker.  At my last job I had just an AR bolt as my background, thinking I was being "low key".  Coworker says "AR bolt, you into guns?".  Haha.
Turns out he's a big milsurp collector.

• Like 8

Good luck with that.  Situational security awareness comes to mind.  Will he blab to other co workers?  Will they in turn blab?  Around and around it may go?  ALL of them then will just KNOW you have a .50 HMG ... or more?    Then they might whisper about your political reliability.  Then the boss finds out.  You get called on the carpet?  This sounds like a short story idea.  Just me.  Respectfully.  HB :)

I ran into one of my "co workers" (employed by a contractor) at one of the WA rallies while I was OCing a WASR. 

He's a marine engineer and the union backed Obama, so he lays pretty low on his love of guns and dislike of everything Obama. 

• Like 1

My supervisor was an anti gun type until he decided he needed a gun due to the violence in Mexico. Dude bought a judge and is completely in love with it. Now he keeps asking me about AK's.

Good luck with that. Situational security awareness comes to mind. Will he blab to other co workers? Will they in turn blab? Around and around it may go? ALL of them then will just KNOW you have a .50 HMG ... or more? Then they might whisper about your political reliability. Then the boss finds out. You get called on the carpet? This sounds like a short story idea. Just me. Respectfully. HB :)

Nah, most know I'm a gun nut here anyway.

like Mancat, this is a fellow contractor.

I'm pretty open about it.

• Like 1

I have two co-workers I will discuss guns with. Both are older guys who own guns, the one has a son who is also into guns and reloads, and the other is a good buddy that I go to the range with. Other than that, there are a very few family and friends I discuss the subject with.

I've got a client /friend who did a little shooting but was never really a gun guy. till recently. I sponsored his membership to my club last year and since then he has picked up a Walther PPK, a Walther P22 for his wife, a M&P 9 mm and a Colt AR. Him and his wife also both got their CCW.

You need to use discretion about who you trust but often I am surprised by how many people understand the 2A and cherish it as much as I do.

More folks on our side is always a good thing.

• Like 2

A few co-workers know but I don't lay it on thick, not many that have as many in their collection as I do and it might look scary to them as possible sheeple.  One is a hunter and sadly a sheeple just the same as a "bubba" type.  (She likes bolt actions and thinks the type like ours should be banned.  How she considers herself pro-gun I'll never know.), Another doesn't say much but has a cool 2A sticker on her truck and knows what a lower is. lol  Then another one saw my Bravo Company hat and asked, he has a few ARs and some registered SBRs he loves.  The maintainance guy shoots too and loves it, you can tell he's legit about it.  I live in the south, who doesn't own and shoot guns here?  Not many.

• Like 2