Piggsy... dude... You gotta remember that we that reside here in NY are by and by trained to deal with weather that will shift SEVENTY DEGREES... yes, 70 degrees over the course of the day!!!

We can have 60 degrees in the morning, and by 6 pm, have 8 inches of snow on the ground... and thats just for warmups...

If we dont get 4 feet of snow... it's NOT A STORM...

when NY gets a foot of snow... NOTHING changes... they dont even DELAY SCHOOL!

when NY is having 20 below zero weather... NOTHING CHANGES... they dont even DELAY SCHOOL!!! LOL

SAIGA 12's start to jam up and FREEZE in NY!!!! and NOTHING CHANGES!! they wont EVEN DELAY SCHOOL FOR THAT!!!!

You have to understand, Piggsy... they train the Siberian Special Forces here in NY... to REALLY get them prepared for the icy wintry weather!!!! When they go BACK to Siberia.. they are like... "Shit... this is NOTHING... I been to NY!"

:smoke:

5 inches of snow pretty much shuts the schools down in NE Oklahoma.

People here just don't know how to drive in the shit. I was lucky enough to

be in Dallas one time, when a freak snow shower dumped 3 inches on the roads.

You should have seen the CARNAGE!

:)

you should see las vegas when it rains OR snows. two accidents at every stop sign and traffic light within minutes. I just pull over when Im there and that happens, grab a cup of coffee, and watch people crash. loads of fun. I know, sick way to get a kick, but I love it so. I recommend it to anyone that goes there.

I guess where I am in new york, they are getting slammed. over a foot last I heard. I should be back there showing frosty who is the boss, but I cant justify a short notice flight to NY from florida to go knock off frosty. It would be too much fun to go sit on the hill overlookign the parkway with binoculars and watch soccer moms wipe out hardcore with thier 4 wheel drive SUVs that they dont have a clue about how to drive. gotta love blizzards. loads a fun to be had.

Had 12" here in MD. , power out all day sunday. No problems-generator and plenty beer. The roads were perfectly clear this morning, when it snows on weekends or evenings we are OK, when the government is at work and it snows--FUBAR!-- Our government cannot drive in 1/2" of snow. But that is expected, they are incompetent at everything else......

G O B

so i was at camp over the weekend, made the comment to the g\f that they never get as much snow down there as we do up here (she's southeastern pa about a stones throw from the mason dixon)...well after i brushed off my car the next morning from the all of 4 inches she calls me and starts asking me how to run the snowblower since there was 18" down there....i can only imagine the driving idoits down there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well, I am in cape coral. till about 7am tomorrow. Ive been down here since january working, and now it is time to return to the frozen north to deal with some pretty stressful situations going on back home. I had intended to stay a bit longer, but I cannot. I have some issues going on back home that have to be attended to. Im dying to lay waste to the woods when I get there. see the trees in my avatar guys? kiss about ten of them goodbye.

I was in the process of getting the minuteman project down here to drive out the mexicans stealing work from americans and legal immigrants down here, including myself, but Ive run out of time. I did speak with the border patrol here, and they are slowly addressing the issue at least, but its not enough by far. Now I get to go home and drive them out of my area before the spring thaw comes and they steal more of my work like they did last year. Hopefully, I can convince the local contractors that use them to stop doing so. What they tell you on the news and in the newspapers is a total crock of shit. they arent filling in ANY need, and are NOT taking jobs that nobody WANTS.

Im sorry I havent had the time to catch up with the floridians I know on this forum. I intended to, but, well, things dont always go as planned, ya know? I have to come back down to northern florida soon to build a house for my father, so maybe Ill have time then.

I did find ONE good range down here in ft myers on fowler street or fowler ave. or whatever it is. has the same name as the street, and is in the phone book. VERY VERY nice people to deal with, but a bit pricey, and like most shops across the country that I have been in, does not have 15,000 guns like my preferred shop at home does. I guess thats ok though, because it is one of a handful of shops Ive been in in the country that actually had NICE guys working there, including, get this, the RANGE MASTER! go figure.

by the way? spring break is overrated :)

well, im technically in the old folks category.

spring break is a bunch of drunken kids, is all it is. at least there are nice taytahs to be seen at the beaches. I think Im going to go over to ft myers beach tonight and have a look again before I leave tomorrow morning. hah.

I guess the only shit here to do is go to the beach, get drunk, cheat on your significant other, and....uh....thats about it.

I love how half the town down here is addicted to pills....and the number of perverts per acre is absolutely astounding. every time i put the local news on, there is an amber alert, a dead kid found, and a pervert arrested. every DAY. what a state.

by the way, you cant even have a pocket knife on you here without a permit from heir government. I thought florida was the gunshine state? its a veiled farce. yeh, you can get class 3, yeh you can pack, but what you have to do to get permission is ridiculous.

I need a PERMIT to carry a pocket knife. that is fucking hillarious.

at least the crackers didnt try to kill me like the last time I was in florida.

let me see, every gun store and pawn shop I went to, the locals, and then some more people. The only thing they said couldnt be held against me if im searched while walking home at night is a 2" toothpick knife. it was a 100% response from everyone I asked, so I know its a rule here. how its "interpreted" might be another story, but I havent tempted it. maybe its just a localised law or something.

let me ask. I have to. excuse the NYer coming out here but -

as a non resident in florida (no, I didnt go sign into the facist registrars book when i was here more than 9 days. ) I can carry a switch blade while im fishing in new york, but i cant have a swiss army knife in my pocket when im walking home from the fucking bar in florida or i have a deadly weapon and its a felony? you are goddamn joking, right?

maybe the blind are leading the naked down here or something, but that is how it was told to me EVERY time I asked.

I don't know about the wierdos you've been talking to, but I am a police officer and other police officers like me enforce the laws of this state. We are bound by those laws and they're pretty clear. Take, for example, these statutes:

790.01 Carrying concealed weapons.--

(1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person who carries a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Yet read the definition of a weapon:
(13) "Weapon" means any dirk, metallic knuckles, slungshot, billie, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon except a firearm or a common pocketknife.

Also, here's the part about open carry:

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.--

(1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device.

So, you can carry a pocketknife concealed. And you can carry any knife openly. You can carry firearms concealed with a permit, but you can't carry firearms openly. There is no law prohibiting switchblades here either.

And what is this about a registrar's book?

Edited by SaltPeter