Take a few minutes of your time to explore 100yr'ol history that still directly affects people today.

The Real “No-Go Zone” of France: A Forbidden No Man’s Land Poisoned by War

http://www.messynessychic.com/2015/05/26/the-real-no-go-zone-of-france-a-forbidden-no-mans-land-poisoned-by-war/

• Like 6

Thank you ChilieRelleno.  Very sobering indeed.  I just had the most horrible thought; ... what will future humans make of huge great swaths of land measuring thousands and thousands of square miles of former major city sites in areas all over the world that 1000 years from now still resemble sites of major battle fields of WW1 in France?  Yikes.  Seems we may have still a great deal to learn?  Just me.  HB sad.png

Edited by HB of CJ

That my friends is pollution.... AKA "Terra-Change"

I coined it first!

I have one question...

Can we pave over it and ship water in from sub-saharan Africa?

(Small bottles please.)

Incredible story.

The author's critique of FOX hurt the article.

Edited by Sim_Player

Mankind has poisoned this planet beyond belief.

This is just a representation of what every battle zone is. I imagine all the countries where conflicts took place have the same conditions, but maybe at a lower percentage. SE Asia, the Middle East, as well as a great share of Africa come to mind with unaccounted amounts of mines and munitions. It makes me wonder, now, if Great Britain would ever attempt this type of inquiry seeing as though unexploded ordinance is being found and dug up by farmers frequently. When a kid finds a hand grenade on an Easter egg hunt, what else?

Funny this topic comes up now, Friday I finished Winged Victory by Yeates and I just started Winged Warfare in World War I by Billy Bishop.  Almost all the action in both books takes place in the Red Zones listed in the article.  Very interesting but also very sad.  A huge waste of resources and manpower for no real reason.

Doug

• Like 1