I am new to Saiga/AK-47 rifles. I have built numorous ARs in various calibers. My head is spinning about conversion and 922r requirements and the like for these rifles.

All I need an answer to is what skeletonized stock will fit my 308 rifle that is an import? All I want is a pistol grip configuration without running into 922r issues. I plan to do a conversion later but for now just the right stock is all I need.

All the ones I have seen that are russian made state they don't fit saiga 308 100 series rifles.

Any help would be appreciated and I will try to do my own research via this forum in the future. Looking foward to learning a new platform.

I don't know exactly why you're after an import stock.  My understanding is that you want as many U.S. parts for conversion.   I thought the gun could only have a maximum of 13 foreign parts if you want to convert it.  Ace makes great skeleton stocks.  I would try the 8" first.  I dont use their hinge.  I use a Bonesteel hinge that I like a lot.  The hinge doesn't count as a U.S. mad part since it's optional.  The stock does.  I used a molot pistol grip and a Tapco G2 single hook trigger.  I recently added a Carolina SS billet quad rail with vertical foregrip.  I like CSspec mags.  The rig looks gnarly this way.  I could be wrong on some of the specifics on the 922r.  Maybe someone else can confirm this.  I'm too lazy to look it up.  I just remember going after as many U.S. parts as i could for my coversion.

I am new to Saiga/AK-47 rifles. I have built numorous ARs in various calibers. My head is spinning about conversion and 922r requirements and the like for these rifles.

All I need an answer to is what skeletonized stock will fit my 308 rifle that is an import? All I want is a pistol grip configuration without running into 922r issues. I plan to do a conversion later but for now just the right stock is all I need.

All the ones I have seen that are russian made state they don't fit saiga 308 100 series rifles.

Any help would be appreciated and I will try to do my own research via this forum in the future. Looking foward to learning a new platform.

For what it is worth. The Saiga .308 100 series is a strange hunting rifle that uses odd magazines and strange stocks... The IZ-137 is NOT the 100 series, so if you have a IZ-137 you are probably ok to install the stock. 922r is a different subject.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done 3 Saiga 308 conversions.

I replaced the fire control group, forearm, stock, pistol grip, and used CSSPECS magazines.

Simple conversion, and 922 compliant. I used KVAR stock with a LoP that fits me on 2 of them; it has the hatch to hold the cleaning kit. The third has a magpul PRS.

I also have a 20 ga and a 223 Saiga that sport magpul CTR stocks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...