Show me an affordable & quality US made AK, for $399.

Not some $900.00 obnoxiously tacticool, mall ninja wanna-be... Even if it is on sale for $750.

If they made a quality AK for the right price, they'd sell like hotcakes.

• Like 7

are these rifles built in russia then made 922r compliant here.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Kalashnikov USA Announces Move

Kalashnikov USA to relocate facility to South Florida.

Tullytown, Pa. (April 2015) - Kalashnikov USA, manufacturer of Kalashnikov style firearms, announces the company will relocate to South Florida. The new facility will include corporate offices and allow for manufacturing, warehousing and shipping functions to occur in one location. The move, which will take place over the next several months, will not affect the projected 2015 second quarter shipping of the new Kalashnikov USA firearms.

"With the growth of the company, manufacturing requirements and the rebranding efforts now underway, Kalashnikov USA felt the time was right to move the headquarters where we can incorporate our new manufacturing capabilities," Thomas McCrossin, CEO of Kalashnikov USA said. "Our new facility in South Florida offers the opportunity to expand as we grow while offering customers increased customer support and firearms produced using the latest manufacturing technologies and materials."

The new US132 modern rifle and US109 tactical shotgun are on target to be released by early summer 2015 incorporating the new Kalashnikov USA slogan "Russian Heritage  / American Innovation."

For more information on Kalashnikov USA, visit www.kalashnikov-usa.com. Stay up to date on the latest news from Kalashnikov USA on Facebook.

And from the Kalashnikov USA webite...

http://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/about

• Like 3

Well this is working out pretty much how I thought it would. I do hope that sanctions are lifted so that Kalashnikov USA goes to crap. Maybe it is a US company, but their lack of integrity and transparency thus far has ensured that I will never own one of their products.

• Like 1

Well this is working out pretty much how I thought it would. I do hope that sanctions are lifted so that Kalashnikov USA goes to crap. Maybe it is a US company, but their lack of integrity and transparency thus far has ensured that I will never own one of their products.

I can't say that. 

From a Fb post on their page.....

So when can I purchase and where ?

Like · Comment · Share · 2

That seems pretty transparent to me.

Fair enough YOT, but I do have issues with the company ripping off the brand name in order to sell rifles. I think it has been pretty well documented that K-USA has no real affiliation with Izmash or KC. My perception is that they are taking advantage of an illegal EO restricting the importation of Russian rifles in order to capitalize on the name. But I have been known to be wrong in the past and my perceptions have sometimes proved incorrect.

This and the fact that they are starting off with bringing DIY quality conversions of Russian rifles to the marketplace and marketing them as new does not instill in me a lot of confidence in the company. But ultimately time will tell.

• Like 1

My take on it is that it is that it's a fine alternative to USA made Centurion AKs, once they finally start manufacturing. Along with Cameron, the more the better.

I find it humorous and recall the tears shed on this forum a year ago when the sanction was enacted stopping the importation of Saigas, and along with that, the general relief of hearing that K USA was being formed.

I REALLY find it humorous that this is one of the businesses and some of the jobs that our shitty president has "brought home" and "created" in our country. Good on him for this one. What a backfire!

• Like 3

There are so many quality made USA AK'S available nowadays it would be stupid to even want a foreign made AK anymore.(Prices are through the roof on the foreign stuff)

Unless you like dicking around with mods and 922r bullshit……. It is all American made for me from here on out.

I couldn't be happier with my $520.00  I.O. AK…..Solid as a rock, no problems at all. 100% MADE IN AMERICA.

post-46572-0-49618000-1433391842_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

There are so many quality made USA AK'S available nowadays it would be stupid to even want a foreign made AK anymore.

I would advocate waiting to see how these US AKs look after 10k-15k rounds before making statements like that.  I think it would be a lot smarter to wait and watch before jumping on one of these new American builds.   If you don't want to wait and need a rifle now, there are plenty of great imports out there.   As I said before, given the choice of a free WASR or any of these U.S. rifles (I.O., Century, DDI, PSA etc..), I would choose the WASR without hesitation.  Rifles built in military arsenals are made with proven materials and techniques which have proven themselves rugged, durable and reliable over the long haul.   Your cast bolt and carrier are still a big unknown in my book.  Maybe they will hold up beautifully, but the track record of the AK is a big part of its appeal for me.

I believe it may have been sarcasm.

I would hope, but sarcasm doesn't often translate well in text.

No, I'm pretty sure he's serious.  He jumped in with both feet and bought that I.O. AK and seems very impressed with it.

I really hope it is a good rifle and outlasts him, but you can call me a skeptic on this one.

There are so many quality made USA AK'S available nowadays it would be stupid to even want a foreign made AK anymore.(Prices are through the roof on the foreign stuff)

Unless you like dicking around with mods and 922r bullshit……. It is all American made for me from here on out.

I couldn't be happier with my $520.00  I.O. AK…..Solid as a rock, no problems at all. 100% MADE IN AMERICA.

I know you love this rifle but a recent review showed that IO didn't even use swell neck rivets in their builds.

http://modernrifleman.net/2015/05/24/inter-ordnance-akm247-review/

edit; Just saw today Modern Rifleman stated that IO contacted them and showed photos of swell neck rivets being used in the build.

Edited by mancat

All that minor stuff doesn't bother me one bit, All I care is that every time I pull the trigger the gun goes boom and the bullets go where they are aimed.

And this gun does both of those things very well and looks like a million bucks to boot.  I don't need a gun thats gonna last 100 years, hell, I 'll be lucky to

make it another 20 years and I'm sure this rifle will last me that and then some. I'll never come close to putting 15,000 rounds through this gun so

I'm not all that worried about it being under built. I say before you bash it go out and try one for yourself, you just might be surprised on how nice it is.

I would be the first one to say it was junk if it was…. So far so good, I have no regrets on this purchase at all.

If you read the guys review he says it shoots better than his Saiga….Go figure.

"I was surprised to see that the rifle is very accurate for a standard AKM build. The sights needed almost no adjustment out of the box and I was easily able to crank out 2 MOA groupings at 25 yards. My eyes simply aren’t good enough to stretch out my groupings to 100 yards, but suffice it to say that I shot the AKM247 better than my Saiga,"

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH