guy is a moon bat! i tried callin before to get a post sample for my dealer buddy and he just talked around in circles and hung up. stuuuuuuuuuhhhrannge!

neat gun though thanks!

if the NFA act was abolished this would be topsies on my "to buy" list.

that and a 22lr mini gun, after it had all the foreseabble kinks worked out

Rate of fire with the AA12 is not that great...........  You can get a lot more rounds off with an S-12 in waaaay less time......

That's a great point.   To me, what's so amazing about this shotgun is the lack of recoil.

post-47428-0-07845400-1433647443.gif

Low recoil = Weak ammo or a heavy weapon!

No thank you! I dont care for the weapon shape.

Good presentation though....having the shells fly at the veiwer...kinda neat.

Edited by Sim_Player

Rate of fire with the AA12 is not that great...........  You can get a lot more rounds off with an S-12 in waaaay less time......

That's a great point.   To me, what's so amazing about this shotgun is the lack of recoil.

attachicon.gifAA12.gif

Silly amerikan. In russian, recoil is hand massage!

Low recoil = Weak ammo or a heavy weapon!

No thank you! I dont care for the weapon shape.

Good presentation though....having the shells fly at the veiwer...kinda neat.

No, low recoil in this case is due to the bolt carrier not slamming into the rear trunnion. Instead, the spring slows it to a complete stop and sends it back. This is also what makes it have so much lower rpm. Plus the muzzle brake. Edited by Heartbreaker

And half the weight. 13 lbs empty vs 7.6 lbs.... Tape two S12s together and you are sure to have soft recoil too.

Gotta give him credit for the stainless.

• Like 1

And half the weight. 13 lbs empty vs 7.6 lbs.... Tape two S12s together and you are sure to have soft recoil too.

Gotta give him credit for the stainless.

Holy crap!  I had no idea that it was so heavy.  I was giving way too much credit to his magic recoil assembly system.

The long travel thing is a good idea, and obviously one of the more effective ways to mitagate recoil. Really, it is the logical limit of what you can do. Spread out the recoil over distance,slow it with more mass, and use a comp to thrust forward. All the other things are doing less committed versions of those three things.

Some of the molt factory team guys had modified AR type stocks with a sprung weight the carrier would strike at the extreme of travel to transfer it's energy. Less moving weight (& less total weight) and the system doesn't require the travel to function. That seems like a better implementation of the idea to me. I spent some time designing a hinge that would allow use of a system like this on a folding stock. I don't know if I will ever make it, but I think that would be the optimal way to go. Folded the gun would work like a normal S12/V12. Unfolded, the buffer would take the energy from the carrier and spread it out over another 7 inches or so. 

Back to the AA12 look how heavy that bolt is. That is a sledgehammer going back and forth. I would feel a lot safer with a fully locked breach than ~a big blowback. It causes the same problem of a blowback/blow forward design like a subgun. That cyclic mass throws the gun around in both directions, and if it is allowed to impact at the rear of the stroke, will transfer a lot of energy to the shooter. They gave it a big run to burn away that energy, but I think a better solution is a more effective delay, and a lighter reciprocal mass. Keep the long travel, but take the freight train off the tracks.

Then add on the pieces like cast front sight/gas block, extra saber grip/mag support. Every ounce adds to it. 

I've noticed most of the videos talking about how smooth it is show it running with the comp on, then when they talk about the gun, they show one without the comp.

• Like 1