Anyone have a Taurus PT 111 Millennium G2

Yup. Helluva deal at $200. I paid $216 including transfer fee. I don't know of anything on the market thats in the ballpark at that price point.

I have no complaints. It's a good shooter, accurate and it's light. I hope there will be some good holster options available soon. I really like Desantis high ride leather holsters.

I find G2 is easier to shoot than the old ladies M&P9c.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Yup. Helluva deal at $200. I paid $216 including transfer fee. I don't know of anything on the market thats in the ballpark at that price point.

I have no complaints. It's a good shooter, accurate and it's light. I hope there will be some good holster options available soon. I really like Desantis high ride leather holsters.

Try alien gear holsters

• Like 1

I have a G1. It was my first pistol (I didn't know any better).

The trigger drags and pinches my finger on every shot.

If the G2 is like the G1, aside from cleaning, it can't be taken apart for a trigger job.

Edited by Sim_Player

Tha

I have a G1. It was my first pistol (I didn't know any better).

The trigger drags and pinches my finger on every shot.

If the G2 is like the G1, aside from cleaning, it can't be taken apart for a trigger job.

that sucks. The trigger break point is rather unappealing from the looks anyway. 2lb slack, 6lb break sounds ok though. I hate how most of the DAish striker guns have the break point so far back, it makes for a very awkward pull for me that messes up my aiming unless I go very slowly.

The second strike thing is a neat plus. I know a buncha guys will jump on and say they would clear the round. Me too, however the huge benefit of that is that it doesn't rely on you realizing there was a dud, and deciding to clear it, no matter how fast you are. If you are in a situation where you are just shooting as fast as you can at someone rushing you, then those thought processes/ reflexes might not kick in. Most of the time when you have a dud, the second strike does fire it, so there is a very good chance that you will keep pulling the trigger after the click and it will fire before you realized you had a click back there. As rare as this is with quality ammo, I think it does a good job of dealing with how even trained people work under stress.

Try alien gear holsters

I'm not a big fan of the hybrid holsters. I prefer OWB 100% leather. I'm a big enough guy that I can get away with that configuration in the summer. Plus in IL, we don't have a printing law, it's concealed or partially concealed.

Regarding the trigger. It is a long drawn out pull no doubt, with a long reset too. I don't know if it can be stripped down the bare minimum or not and don't really care.

I'm not a trigger snob by any means and have never had trouble hitting what I'm aiming at with any pistol I've ever fired. All the pistols I own have factory triggers and will stay that way, they work just fine for me.

The G2 has been a great pistol in my experience with it so far and @ $200, it's an excellent deal!

Edited by Mullet Man