Last night at about 12:15, as I was playing on my computer with my headphones on (I had just put them on), I see my wife walking around downstairs.  She told me that their were banging sounds coming from our bedroom windows, like someone was knocking on them. Mind you, my wife is from the Philippines, so keep that in mind.  Our bedroom is on the 2nd floor and we have a balcony with a patio double door on it (never even used it).  So, IF someone was knocking on the windows, then we have major issues.  So I get my flashlight and go outside (yes armed) and shine the light up on our windows.  Sure enough, the glass to the double doors is completely shattered (not broken...don't know how) and the other window to the bedroom has a single shot thru it.  So I about crapped myself, as my 3 year olds crib is on the other side of those patio door windows!  There also was about 6 to 9 people outside stating they had already called the police and that a car had stopped, opened fire and squealed off.  We immediately ran upstairs, and sure enough my little minnie me was sound asleep, like nothing had ever happened (just like her father).  We called 911 and surprisingly the police (3 cars) were at our townhouse in minutes.  I was very impressed with them, to say the least.  Very courteous, and the officer inspecting our bedroom windows went out of his way not to wake up the little ones.  Regardless, the Sgt. asked me questions like do I have any enemies, etc., and of course no.  All the neighbors were in shock. We have lived here for 2 years now and will be moving to a good part of town on the 1st of July.  Damnit, just 11 more days.  Anyhow, the Sgt. told me that we should consider moving until then, as this could have been a gang shooting that they thought someone else lived here.  Or not.  Regardless, we are not going anywhere.  I will make the Management board up the windows until we leave, then they can do WTF they want.  And if they don't I will.

I was ok last night, but the wife was a wreck. When I think about what could have happened, well, whatever.  POS cowardly little bastards. 

Thank you God for sparing my little girl and my family.  

BTW...I live on the south side of San Antonio.  Never again.   

I'd be pissed, too.

A few years ago we were victims of a drive-by but the fuckers used paintball guns. Even that raised some questions and caused some concern. Nothing ever became of it and I never heard back from the police. I really didn't expect to.  We have no local police, our house is 40 minutes away from the sheriff's office, and the trooper's barracks are about 25 minutes away. The deputy downplayed it as some kids out "raising hell". He didn't know what to say when I told him that if I see them raising hell again with any type of gun where my family lives, I'll try to put them in hell.

We had a few patrols in the next couple of weeks, but I haven't seen a sheriff or SP car go by yet this year. Maybe twice last year.

Thank God you and your family are all OK, especially your child.

Stay safe.

Don't know about you, but I'd be up waiting the next few nights with shotgun and full of 3" magnum 00 buckshot, that or a good rifle.

Put some thugs in the morgue.

Thank you.  Believe me, have already moved the room broom downstairs, however, I have to be careful about worrying my wife.  Don't need her freaking out especially around the kids.  It was funny last night, when the Police asked me if I am armed.  I just pointed to my USMC hat, and said 'to the teeth'.  He just smiled.  God, its good to be back in Texas (this could have happened anywhere we lived). 

• Like 1

Glad no one ( in your family ) got hurt.

It makes my blood boil to hear some low life scum would put bullets that close to a child. A man should be able to feel safe in his own home.

Here's to hoping for a face full of buckshot to them who done it.

Stay safe,

That's some crazy shit.  Really brings home the fact that safety is an illusion and we have to be ready at all times.

My wife understands that there is always a loaded carbine within reach.  I'm 1 step away from my Tavor as I type this.  But we don't have any kids so that can complicate the ready firearm situation.

So glad your family is unharmed.

• Like 1

Regardless, we are not going anywhere.  

respect. Never yield territory to evil. Displace the losers with good people. Make yours a neighborhood where they feel out of place.

Edited by GunFun

Glad to hear you and the family are ok, thank God.

Might be a good time to get a room in a hotel across town for the wife and kid.

Then move them from the hotel to the new house.

Then you can dial up the defenses at home without upsetting them.

ETA: Explain the situation to the hotel and they may give you a discount and

register under a false name. Maybe a bit silly.... but not if they are shooting

at you (seems to me anyway).

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

How well do you know your neighbors? Maybe some of you could start taking "shifts" on watch? Hopefully it's a "one and done" situation, but you never know these days.

Glad you and yours are okay!  :)

A discreet camera will tell you volumes about who circulates around your residence day and night. So glad to hear you and your family are safe.

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Mike

• Like 2

Thanks guys for all of the good wishes, prayers and thoughts.  Tomorrow makes 10 days and we are gone. As for my neighbors, yeah, not going to happen.  I have made it a point for folks to see me carry my CC from my front door to my vehicle on occasion.  I am well liked and get along with folks here very well, but I am the only gringo in the housing area. It is what it is. I really don't care...I have lived places that most homeless would question (of course before I was married).  If I thought this was a targeted situation, my family would already be with my Brother in Lubbock.  I do not believe it to be the situation.  Regardless, next time I hear about an innocent child being shot I will most certainly say another prayer and I am sure my heart will sink a little further.  The maint. crew came out and put 1/2" plywood over the bedroom windows and we have stacked a wall of boxes over them (my entire house probably resembles Amazons warehouse about now).

Where we are moving to, camera's are my top priority.  And when we purchase our house this time next year, it will be 100% brick and monitored.

I even received a phone call from the Officer that was so helpful to us (actually they all were) today as a follow up.  Very nice and professional man.  

Again, thank you all for your thoughts, suggestions and prayers.  They really do mean a lot.

Semper Fi!

• Like 4