GUYS, 

MORE LIB DUMBASSITY!

THERE'S AN ONLINE BET GOIN' ON; HOW LONG TILL THE FIRST UBER DRIVER GETS SMOKED, IT'S DIVIDED BETWEEN THE 24 AND 36 HOUR CAMPS.

UBER-'TUPID.......

JESS1344

Uber becomes gun free zone

By Canadian Datafile June 20, 2015 6:52 am

gunfree_sign-300x180.jpg

(File Photo)

NEW YORK — Ride-hailing app company Uber says it is banning its riders and drivers from carrying guns.

Uber Technologies says it is banning firearms of any kind during rides arranged through the Uber platform, and drivers or riders who violate the rule may lose access to the platform. The rules also apply to Uber's affiliates.

The company says it changed its firearms policy on June 10 based on feedback from riders and drivers. Previously it had deferred to local law on the issue.

Competitor Lyft also has a "no weapons" policy. According to Lyft's website, if a driver or rider is found to have a weapon in a Lyft vehicle they'll be barred from the platform regardless of local laws on weapons possession.

© 2015 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.

Edited by JESS1344
  • Like 3

Well I never used uber and I guess I never will.

I'll start believing in "gun free zones" when somebody invents a force field that stops all guns from entering the zone.

EDIT

Are you fucking kidding me?  They changed the policy because a law-abiding citizen STOPPED a murder using a gun.  Gawd I fucking hate liberals.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-shoots-gunman-met-0420-20150419-story.html

Authorities say no charges will be filed against an Uber driver who shot and wounded a gunman who opened fire on a crowd of people in Logan Square over the weekend.

The driver had a concealed-carry permit and acted in the defense of himself and others, Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn said in court Sunday.

A group of people had been walking in front of the driver around 11:50 p.m. Friday in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when Everardo Custodio, 22, began firing into the crowd, Quinn said.

The driver pulled out a handgun and fired six shots at Custodio, hitting him several times, according to court records.  Responding officers found Custodio lying on the ground, bleeding, Quinn said.  No other injuries were reported.

Custodio was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic hospital, where he was treated for gunshot wounds to the shin, thigh and lower back, authorities said.

Custodio, of the 2900 block of North Ridgeway Avenue, was charged with aggravated assault and unlawful use of a weapon charges.  He was denied bond during the Sunday court hearing.

The Uber driver, a 47-year-old resident of Little Italy, provided police with a valid concealed-carry permit and a firearm owner's identification card, Quinn said.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 7

So if I have to defend myself legally, my big penalty is not being allowed to use Uber any more?

haha.gif     what.gif    haha.gif 

The bad thing is places like Illinois that give the gun ban stickers the force of law.

• Like 4

Uber claims the drivers aren't employees. If the drivers are not employees, and the cars belong to the drivers, then Uber has exactly Jack and Shit to say about guns in the cars.

• Like 7

Uber drivers are employees. As such, Uber is responsible for their protection. If they want their drivers unarmed, then they need to provide them with armed security guards. Otherwise they are NOT providing a SAFE workplace and should be shut down by OSHA!

• Like 1

Uber forgot to ban criminals from having guns and robbing their drivers.  Oops.

This driver should sue uber out of existence.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/25/uber-driver-robbed-at-gunpoint-two-weeks-after-company-disarmed-drivers/

Yep.

I'm waiting for something like this to happen in Chicago. Being that Illinois was the last to pass cc ( where's that Wild West mentality the naysayers swore would happen?)

I don't wish harm on anybody, but the sad truth is eventually there will be some sort of non gangbanger shooting in Chicago. History tells us it will almost certainly be in a gun free zone. Hopefully one of the survivors will sue the crap out of the place for endangering them and not providing a safe environment.

Only then will businesses realize that making gun free zones don't insulate them from liabilities, it creates weakness and potential lawsuits

Then we move onto removing gun free school zones. Well, a guy can dream.