General Lee losing its Confederate Flag

This maddens and depresses me on a level I cannot even begin to explain.

Numerous retailers banning the rebel flag? Really?

Cannot believe this flag is being slated as a symbol of racism.

My Southern pride is full steam, even if I am an Illinois native.

Now the General Lee?

Son. Of. A. Bitch.

• Like 7
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aiken Rep. files bill to give voters decision on bringing back Confederate flag to statehouse http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/Aiken-rep-files-bill-to-give-voters-decision-on-bringing-back-Confedera

Posted Images

in the 1860s it took the might of the Union army to make the South lower it's flag

today it can be done by a handful of elected and corporate assholes worried about re-election and a few more possible sales

never really liked the term sheeple but it here and now applies

music to go with the event:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+night+they+drove+old+dixie+down&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=98480075EEF4FFF43B0798480075EEF4FFF43B07

post-26137-0-39073800-1435271667_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 4

Blaming and instantly equating a flag, or a gun, or a skin color for hate, is exactly what's so wrong with this picture. We are all what God made us. We didn't have a choice what color or where we were born or what are family history is. I live in the hear and now and don't blame my ancestors or anyone else's for any shortcomings.

• Like 2

Lest we forget the type man who served under the Stars and Bars it was said of Lee: "He was a foe without hate; a friend without treachery; a soldier without cruelty; a victor without oppression, and a victim without murmuring. He was a public officer without vices; a private citizen without wrong; a neighbour without reproach; a Christian without hypocrisy, and a man without guile. He was a Caesar, without his ambition; Frederick, without his tyranny; Napoleon, without his selfishness, and Washington, without his reward." I wouldn't mind being remembered like that, would you?

• Like 5

A lot of times I find all the outrage and rabbling to just be crazy people being crazy but I'm genuinely pissed about the South Carolina State Flag getting taken down and thrown under the bus. That flag means a lot to me, it symbolizes what our country could be if we hadn't decided the Constitution was basically toilet paper. 

as always things can go a few ways, when they come to take what matters to someone.

to me I've lost part of my heritage to someone else's hate.

there is a line that I will not just say "well that's OK"

this wasn't it but

seems like their still looking for the line.

post-26137-0-11222100-1435279373_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-00143200-1435279390.jpg

• Like 4

And don't put a PB & J sandwich in your kid's rebel flag lunchbox either.....

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist? Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/is-peanut-butter-and-jelly-racist_n_1874905.html

The left have totally lost their grip on reality.

• Like 1

It's the "white" bread. Black rye, that's ok. Let's not forget Thanksgiving either. There will be no choice of white or dark meat. When is this crap going to stop? Next, someone will be telling us no more vanilla ice cream, although chocolate is still my favorite. I guess I'm not a racist after all. Long live Hershey's!

• Like 2

That ship sailed a long time ago...Peanut butter is banded at my kids school.

UN-FUCKING BELIEVABLE!  WTF is wrong with this country....

• Like 3

Pussification.

• Like 4

UN-FUCKING BELIEVABLE! WTF is wrong with this country....
Typical liberal bullshit...some kids have peanut allergies, which cab be very serious. But instead of putting those kids in a different room and make them feel bad nobody can have peanut butter. Sound familiar. Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 3

The fucking crybabies have us surrounded.

• Like 2

Go wave that failed narco-state failed country rag around someplace else little girl.

I just do not understand the concept of fleeing to another country because your home country is so bad

and then proceeding to wave around the flag of that failed home country and piss off the locals in your new home.

She's waving that flag around and then goes home to cash all of the US Gov. assistance checks in her mailbox.

(And when she drives home to cash those checks, she needs no driver's license or insurance like we do)

It's like it's meant as a poke in the eye that they are here illegally and there's nothing "We the people" can do about it.

ETA: We paid for the free tuition for her to walk across that stage waving that flag too.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 3