Militia. It's the old N word. Let's bring it back.

Ok. Most folks say that militias are are up with FBI agents and so there is no point in forming them or joining one. Well I think we need to start a new grass roots militia movement.  we could sit here and ho and hum and say woe are we, no ones listening to us, or we could get out there and change stuff. eventually.

so this is my plan. militias always get bad rap for being "extremists" etc. well lets not be that.  lets be exactly what militias always were.  citizen soldiers practicing in case were necessary.  shoot we have ready.gov prepping for zombies, if .gov could have sense of humor and could kinda change an image anyone can.  so we just need to get a massive amount of folks all acrooss country out practicing flanking maneuvers and talking about freedom.  who cares how many fbi agents are in the mix, if we do this properly they will run outta fbi agents to send! meaning will be too many militias (read, whole damn country) to send an agent too!

so, for this to be effective it has to be a few things: in any order,

1-non OFWG paranoid wild eyed tinfoil type "get together" im thinking door to door girl scout cookie style harmlessness

2-expedient.  we keep talking how we cant protest becasue we dont have time. well if we make quick short training sessions LITERALLY IN OUR FRONT YARDS! there is no way we can rationalize not practicing.

3- maybe incorporate some red dawn style humor?

i have a hard time getting all my ideas down casue mind works faster than can type,  but maybe ya get what i stepping in?  im saying, we need a gathering of joe the plumbers practicing group movements in our neighborhoods, but in a manner so as that it seems normal natural and harmless to the neighbors mainly, f cnn, they gonna be touting the Party line.  im thinkin iMac to iPhone style turn around.  feel me? if anyone can interpret /summarkze what i am trying to say here feel free

like i say, lotta thoughts are out of order, and nmy numbering scale sucks but ya get what i mean? 

to reiterate, no westbourough baptist, no freakin camouflage, no tim mcveigh rascist anti israel crap, we talking jeans and t shirts and AR 15s, ( americas rifle my good sirs, venue, apologies beaten.gif ) cause lets be real here folks, who's gonna have time to go home and change into their camo after working their 9-5 gig when the revolution starts? haha

this is what i mean by taking it back, a  discussion on Taking back a word with negative (or rascist) connotation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdVwt2deY4

Edited by saltydecimator

I respectfully do not agree.  Obtaining guns and comrades sounds good, macho and cool and it does make us feel good, warm, fuzzy and more in control.  These are the feeling we do not want to feel.  What we need to do is become politically active; first at the local level, then work our way up.  Doing such will also make us feel uncomfortable, which is also good.

Feeling non secure about our nations future security and fate should never make us feel good.  It should scare the shit out of us.  Also this can not happen with just a few.  It would take millions of us getting together for the common good of the nation.  Not some ass hole politician in it for the money.  A political victory is still possible.  HB of CJ (oldest coot)

• Like 2

I came to the conclusion that when the circumstance manifests, requiring a militia (local or national), like-minded people will organize.

Organizing before that occurs seems to attract "undesirables".

It doesn't mean you shouldn't be collecting gear right now.

• Like 1

Already have the guns, just need the comrades. I don't feel it's too late for political process but the individuals are the only ones following the law.

Organize as a small co-op of preppers. Be selective, don't go for any kind of open enrollment. Shoot for squad size, 8-12 folks. Select a specialty fot each based on skills and experience. Have them become subject matter experts in expedient medicine, survival, communication, etc. Require each member to teach a class to the rest once per year, have a different class every month. Get together and go camping, put your skills to the test for a couple of days at a time. DONT focus on military combat skills, just cover the basics. The other aspects will be much more important for long term. Abandon a command structure, decentralize. Odds are no more than half your crew will manage to muster in a time of crisis.

It's 'fun' for some folks to imagine gun battles and fighting for the rights and whatever else... but the truth is simply existing and resisting will be more important for the success and survival of your ideals. You must avoid combat, avoid conflict. Gunfights are a fast track to getting dead. Odds are if you start pulling maneuvers armed in a hot zone you'll get splattered before you realize there's an asset buzzing above you.

• Like 4

And whatever you call yourselves, however much you think you can trust the people, know that there will be a mole or electronic monitoring.  You have to assume every member will be known and tracked.

Of course, just being here having this conversation pretty much assures you're already being tracked.

Hey there mister fed monitoring me.  Fuck you.

• Like 3

I'd be pretty excited to join a militia where no member wanted to overthrow the government and/or "vote from the rooftops". As much as crazy lefty SJWs irritate me when I look to the other side of the aisle there is yet another congregation of batshit maniacs. 

The idea of militias is putting the cart before the horse.  What is needed is defining doctrine -- meaning WTF is the purpose of said militia, when and how would it be employed, against who/what.  Until all that is sorted out and is recognized by all concerned as doctrine in stone that large amounts of people can rally around, well, good luck with that militia idea.  It is only through solidarity of action that success can occur...

I'd be pretty excited to join a militia where no member wanted to overthrow the government and/or "vote from the rooftops". As much as crazy lefty SJWs irritate me when I look to the other side of the aisle there is yet another congregation of batshit maniacs. 

Not everyone likes an overabundance of "cute"...

• Like 1

A good rule of thumb that seems to apply here is ... if it makes you feel good, then it is wrong.  If it seems to make you feel hopeless and grim, then maybe you are on to something.  Also first rule is don't do something predictable and possibly illegal.  Do the non expected and try to remain within civil rules and laws of order.  Getting political for us is not easy.  We would just rather buy another useless gun and more ammo you will never need. 

But ... I for one have no idea where to start.  Our 2 party system is a joke.  Whatever happens, for good or not, it must start at the local grass roots level and work its way up.  Front loading a new political movement is never easy.  Very hard in fact.    Forming survival groups is not the answer.  Forming legal political groups and going door to door is a much better idea.  We do not have much time.   Respectfully.  HB of CJ (oldest coot)

• Like 5

We are all THE militia, To become A militia there must be a call from civilian authority to form militia units. A militia must have a charter approved by Civilian authority.

Maryland did this during WWII. The Governor called on hunt clubs and sportsmen to form militias to guard the coast from Nazi's.

Here in Texas we just take care of things.The first sniper incident was here - some crazy in a tower. The civilians took care of him with hunting rifles.Just another job that needed to be done. Couple weeks ago a strange SUV came down the road (I live 1 house from the end, and Paul at the end was not home) when the SUV did not turn around and come back up the road, I jumped in the Suburban with a pistol and went to see if they had any business here. Another neighbor saw the lights and joined me with his gun and flashlight, Fortunately everything was OK, but it is just what Texans do, we do what NEEDS to be done.

• Like 4

I wondered why so many texans were protesting...

Ugh,

Wait...

Seems to me that Texans are sleeping as well as the rest of the country in terms of doing anything about the current destruction of our country -- don't take it as a knock.  Sadly it is what it is...

Edited by Odd Man Out

I struggle with beating this drum to many here, doing the mental exercises to identify that one watershed trigger that will call like-minded individuals into action.

Militia might not be the answer at this moment, a Texas militia "commander" was arrested on weapons charges by the FBI recently, like many I have concerns. Probably why Texas is appearing sleepy

The Clive Bundy ranch could have been that tipping point but the feds held themselves back, for another day that they win the day in the more important media. The feds needed to win the narrative not the battle...

We need something achievable, (w/o involving firearms) I would like to see Boehner loose in next yrs primary..

• Like 2