This was what I found.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.190

What I take from that is you can now legally own an sbr, but you can't build one, can't loan it to anyone, still have to pay the fed tax stamp and application paperwork. Still can't have full auto or an sbs.

How do you figure you can't loan it? You can have multiple trustees or beneficiaries.... And you ought to be able to loan it to a Class III dealer, etc. too.

• Like 1

Form 1 for SBRs were being denied and still may be questionable

Some moron do-gooder from WA DOL called the ATF and felt it necessary to inform them that the SBR law did explicitly not allow for manufacture of an SBR. ATF freaked out and denied a boatload of pending Form 1s, and still may not be approving any new ones.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/582816_Form_1_DENIED___There_it_is_folks____.html

You can still get one made by a SOT II, whether small shop or national factory.  It just means the price goes up a hundred or two for the complicated process of sticking a pistol upper on a rifle lower.

• Like 1

Apparently ATF is now also denying transfers of NFA items from out of state, which stomps on the "loophole" that people were taking of having SBRs manufactured out of state and then transferred.

arfcom user NoloContendere, the attorney behind Hollis vs. Holder, appears to be gearing up to take the state to court over this issue.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/582816_Form_1_DENIED___There_it_is_folks____.html&page=13#i6461468

additional shit from the thread, screenshot from eFile:

19363606038_db316274d3_b.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

it's strikingly similar to the stupid law we had on suppressors for several decades, whereby it was legal to possess a suppressor in WA, but illegal to discharge a firearm with a suppressor attached.

• Like 3

I'm waiting for them to figure this out so I can do a SBR..anger.gif

Just buy one made by a national manufacturer or an SOTII within the state. Problem solved. Hand the SOT-II your parts even.

or FFL III

I'm waiting for them to figure this out so I can do a SBR..anger.gif

Just buy one made by a national manufacturer or an SOTII within the state. Problem solved. Hand the SOT-II your parts even.

or FFL III

I have a SP89 that I want to get a stock for ...... 

stupid Washington.......