Got around to taking photos this morning.... and as someone long ago said, "a picture paints a thousand words" (or some such shit), so here ya go! Hope the photos convey just how nice the rifle really is (well, of course that's just my opinion).
I accessorized this VEPR 54R for what I consider to be a Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR). Some will disagree with me, and that's cool of course (go fu@# yourself if you don't like it ). Before anyone asks, I decided upfront that I did not want to bipod this puppy. I have several semi-auto long guns with bipods and this one, I want to shoot from a bag.
One of the nice things about using an USGI M1 Garand Sling is: it easily allows for the sling to be tightened up and made snug against the rifle. Many modern slings don't.
Here are some closer photos of the Vortex Viper scope:
One of the things that I did to the Red Star Arms FCG was to contour the trigger blade. I think the appearance of the blade as it comes out of the box is nothing more than a crude, slab-sided piece of metal; it looks substandard at best... especially considering how much one of these FCGs cost. So.... a little filing and sanding worked wonders.
And for those that are somewhat familiar with my previous firearms' photos.... here is the gratuitous photo containing one of the solid resin skulls I have hanging around.
Here is the list of accessories that I put on her:
- Polish AKML Flash Hider
- Black Horse Arsenal VEPR Composite Forearm with Standard Gas Block
- Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 scope
- Vortex Precision Matched 30mm Rings, high
- RS Regulate AK-303 Modular Optic Mount system
- TROMIX Extended Charging Handle
- RAM Enhanced Speed Catch
- Krebs MK VI Enhanced Safety Selector Lever
- Ronin's Russian Molot grip - Second Generation
- Canis Design VEPR Slant M4 Fixed Stock Adapter
- XLR Tactical Butt Stock
- (internal) Red Star Arms Adjustable AK Trigger System for VEPR .308/54R
- (internal) Recoil Buffer
- Sling info: Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop / USGI M1 Garand Cotton Sling / QD Sling swivel
Edited by Gary, 04 July 2015 - 11:49 AM.