Well Guys ... I guess I'm committed now to building my own custom 10/22 rifle. Since an earlier post, I've gotten an "Elite" receiver with a match bolt, a nice cocking handle, a buffer, and a Green Mountain straight 20" long .920 bull barrel.

Just need a stock and trigger group now - I think.

I say "I think" because the receiver did not come with any pins. I assume those will come with a trigger group. If not, I have a lot of pins to order too. I don't know what I'm doing really. I just want the experience.

Thanks to SOBRENEGADE for refering me to Tacticalinc for their receivers. I chose one of their's because they somehow allow you to clean from the breech to the muzzle. Also, the scope rail is a part of the receiver. It's all milled as one piece.

Any advice about what else I need to buy to get the receiver & trigger group working with each other is welcome. I'll be using a Boyd A-5 lookin' gunstock to put everything into.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY !!!

• Like 2

We just drilled a small hole in the receiver end.  Did the same thing.

Edited or actually added;  I for one have no idea where anybody could possible obtain Ruger 10-22 parts, particularly those aforementioned pesky impossible to find OEM trigger frame pins.  Good luck sir.  HB :)

Edited by HB of CJ

I'd buy a 10/22 if the ammo was'nt hurting!

Unseen Fed. pressure on the powder manufacturers or are we selling it overseas (foreign nations stockpiling)? IDK.

The ammo shortages are odd beyond explanation!

This never happens in an advanced nation!

Watch world events this fall....We live in interesting times....

God Bless.

Edited by Sim_Player

Lots of options on trigger groups. Volquartsen has quite a history. Kidd also does an exceptional trigger group. I ended up going with the Timney. Crisp, clean break. One issue potentially withe the Timney though is the extended magazine release, some stocks will bind up on it. Keep us posted on the build!

• Like 1

Hornet Products trigger group. Not massed produced, or well know compared to Timney, Volquartzen, etc., but an incredible trigger and value for the money. I have at least 2000 rds though mine and it is still as light, crisp, and perfect as the day I installed it. Check them out. You won't be disappointed.

I'd buy a 10/22 if the ammo was'nt hurting!

Unseen Fed. pressure on the powder manufacturers or are we selling it overseas (foreign nations stockpiling)? IDK.

The ammo shortages are odd beyond explanation!

This never happens in an advanced nation!

Watch world events this fall....We live in interesting times....

God Bless.

Easy to explain actually:

1) hoarders (often not really shooters, sadly too.)

2) radical increase of consumption.

2a) record sales of all  FFL transfered new firearms for the last several years, with 22s being a significant portion of sales.

3) incremental increase in component costs, and scarcity from above are reflected in retail price. Places like walmart show the price of the commodity itself without reflecting market pressure much. When it is there, the real world price is now ~$22/500

CCI & Federal quadrupled their production capacity each year from 2010-2014,and people are buying it faster than they can make it. I haven't read numbers, but the other manufacturers have scaled up too. Simply put, a lot of guns are selling, and a lot more people are doing "tactical training" style play err "practice" by getting AR shaped 22s and unloading them at steel as fast as possible doing drills. 

WARNING WILL ROBINSON ... WARNING WARNING WARNING!  Just be sure to completely understand that once your go through the gates of Ruger 10-2 type firearm fun and madness ... there is no return.  Fore go all hope yee all who enter here.  Signs and symptoms of custom 10-22 madness includes silly smiles ... NO SORE SHOULDERS!  NO RINGING IN THE EARS!  But ... a fully depleted wallet.  No money.  No groceries.  Hungry wife and kids.  A high round count.  Etc, etc. etc.  Good luck sir.  You have been warned.  HB of CJ (silly oldest coot) Today has been a good day.  :) :)

• Like 2