Very nice indeed! Personally I don't care what you call it so long as I can one "mine", although I like "Spartan 12" as well.

Another vote for "Spartan 12"!    smile.png

>>100% U.S. Made!

Outstanding!

Too many companies use the spartan thing. That would be confusing, and would also suck from a trademark standpoint. Just do a google search of terms like "spartan tactical' 'spartan firearms', etc.

• Like 2
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Below is a photo of the R&R Saiga prototype receiver (outside is not finish milled).  Should have a working prototype in the next 2 months.  The receiver is made from 2 pieces of milled aluminum a

100% U.S. Made! Robert's initals are RAW and I told him to call it the RAW 12, but I guess he's looking for a better name.   Doug

DLT when was your last drug test?   J/K   With all of the fun currently going on, how about South12 and engrave the battle flag of northern Virginia on it?

Posted Images

Very nice indeed! Personally I don't care what you call it so long as I can one "mine", although I like "Spartan 12" as well.

Another vote for "Spartan 12"!    :)

>>100% U.S. Made!

Outstanding!

Too many companies use the spartan thing. That would be confusing, and would also suck from a trademark standpoint. Just do a google search of terms like "spartan tactical' 'spartan firearms', etc.

Nope I agree. I know of at least one AR Billet lower called the Spartan, so it wouldn't be the best name from the trademark or legal perspective, but I am a Michigan State fan, and am a student of the Ancient Greek culture particularly the city state of Sparta. So Spartan 12 just sounds good to me.

In keeping with the general desire to poke a pointy stick in the eyes of our fellow gun grabbing citizens how about just name it : "The Common Sense 12"?

• Like 2

SPAS-12, UTAS-12... This is a lower production gun than an 870. The 870 is only memorable because of huge sales numbers. With a gun like this, you kinda need to let people know it is a shotgun. A lot of the people who see it on the rack or in pictures will assume it is a rifle. I am sure you've had that happen with your S12 or Adkal derivative.

Does not matter what it eventually will be called.  Let the marketing guys decide.  What I am concerned about is that it will be INSTANTLY declared a DD (destructive device) by the all knowing august BATFE.  When that quickly happens, it will also drag all the Saiga 12 type/related shotguns into that same category.  Just me.  Oh course, that will instantly triple sales.  Hee hee hee.  I love a good business plan.  HB of CJ (oldest coot)

Crusader 12   -  and engrave  In Hoc Signo Vinces  on the side of the receiver of each weapon; now that would make a statement and have max cool factor, too.

And please don't put safety warnings anywhere on the gun, nothing looks stupider than that (*sighs in HK's direction*).  That's what manuals are for...

• Like 1

Crusader 12   -  and engrave  In Hoc Signo Vinces  on the side of the receiver of each weapon; now that would make a statement and have max cool factor, too.

And please don't put safety warnings anywhere on the gun, nothing looks stupider than that (*sighs in HK's direction*).  That's what manuals are for...

I like this a lot. Catchy. Memorable, not easily confused with something else.

Chimera-12

"The term chimera has come to describe any mythical or fictional animal with parts taken from various animals, or to describe anything composed of very disparate parts, or perceived as wildly imaginative, implausible, or dazzling."

• Like 2

Chimera-12

"The term chimera has come to describe any mythical or fictional animal with parts taken from various animals, or to describe anything composed of very disparate parts, or perceived as wildly imaginative, implausible, or dazzling."

Would also be a kick ass emblem to go with the name

• Like 1

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds 12"

For ease of engraving "Rebel 12" might work better and those opposed to the term Rebel are more than likely not in your target audience, but may become a target.

Edited by the 4th Doctor

how are you building the bolt? any machine shop ive shown it to looks at it and gets scared... its cast they say and cant make one from billet...

It will be billet, just like the R&R bolt carriers.  R&R has already made up some bolts, but they have not been released for sale yet.

Doug

• Like 3

how are you building the bolt? any machine shop ive shown it to looks at it and gets scared... its cast they say and cant make one from billet...

It will be billet, just like the R&R bolt carriers.  R&R has already made up some bolts, but they have not been released for sale yet.

Doug

Nice to see people who will take risks and find new ways to get the job done. Or a flashback " Have a pair and kick some ass"

• Like 1