Where can I find a Saiga 12 GA bolt head?

I just acquired this Saiga. The guy that sold it to me misplaced the bolt head. So I'm on a mission to find one.

thanks!! 

Did he happen to mention a guy named Pauly?

There are one or two guys around here with a spare, you may be able to make a deal.

Watch GB and the For Sale section here for somebody parting one out.

R&R is probably your best bet though.

Good luck, hope you find one.

• Like 1

I just acquired this Saiga. The guy that sold it to me misplaced the bolt head. So I'm on a mission to find one.

thanks!! 

There are one or two guys around here with a spare, you may be able to make a deal.

Pauly??

I looked on gun broker....no luck

I'll keep an eye out

R&R ??

thanks

Pauly is a guy who stole a lot of his customer's bolts and bolt carriers. The comment was basically inquiring whether the guy you bought it from might have been one of his victims. 

IMO, just suck up the cash and pay R&R their asking price. It will be better quality than stock, and you will still have an awesome shotgun at a bargain.

• Like 4

no Pauley. He had it sitting around and it was thrown away by mistake

Who is R&R?     website?

I believe R&R has made some. It doesn't show up on their parts page yet though: http://randrtargets.com/site/saiga-shotguns/saiga-parts/

oh....these guys.....yea, I checked their website but dont see the bolt head

I send them a message on their website but havnt heard back

• Like 1

Keep an eye on pawn shops too.

If you can find one in rough shape and swing a deal on it, you can pull the bolt and

part out the rest of it yourself.

It might be worth putting in some time online looking for pawn shops that do a volume

in Saiga's. A shop that does a lot of new/used Saiga sales may have a junker around.

Check with Tom Cole and Tromix too, they all have parts boxes and you may get lucky.

post-16487-0-10779900-1437028458_thumb.jpg

thanks!! 

ouch! if you part it out and do it right, you might have enough for a working saiga. what did you pay? seems to me that you either repair, make or hire out the part once you break or loose the guts of a saiga. The only other route would be to buy parts off a donor gun.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

thanks!!

Definitely not Pauly. He has plenty of them.

Unlike a bolt carrier, a bolt head is NOT a drop in fit. Replacement bolts NEED to be lapped into the lugs, and re-headspaced.

Replacements should probably be slightly over long in the locking lugs to allow some lapping without needing to set the barrel back excessively.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well, I'd dang sure hate to send my only working bolt to anybody but maybe there would be a way to take a measurement with some kind of headspace gauge and someone could custom make each bolthead to customer specs. I wonder if they do anything like that with other aks. I could probley see people buy one if it was that simple just to have a spare if price was right.

• 4 weeks later...

I too bought a S12 missing the bolt head about 2 years ago at the wanamaker show. It was brand new in the box for $400 (didnt realize at the time how hard this would be), they said it was received without one from their distributor. How the hell does something like that get lost?! R&R, I as well just messaged you before writing this post. I just joined and saw this posting. Im excited about the prospect of finally finding one after several years of checking GB, local shops and calling several importers. Thanks everyone for the info!!

• 1 month later...