Has anyone enjoyed a hunting vacation..?

Thought crossed my mind about doing a hunting vacation..

I see Texas has many animals that you can hunt that have no bag limits/no season

• Armadillos
  • Bobcats
  • Coyotes
  • Flying squirrels
  • Frogs
  • Ground squirrels
  • Mountain lions
  • Porcupines
  • Prairie dogs
  • Rabbits
  • Turtles

Yep, hunting season for me is 10 days off. Might go home early if I use up my tags, but I usually stick around and hunt with my dad or our camp partners or do scouting - just don't carry a rifle at that point. Bring the dirt bike and explore. There's always something to do.

A friend of mine does an annual prairie dog trip to Montana early summer, I would like to do that some time. Wife's family is over there now and I plan to make it happen next time I'm over. I did some scouting there last month and found some private property loaded with dogs and got some phone numbers to call.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

The only time I take off of work is for Hunting, so yeah, my vacation IS hunting.......why travel to kill squirrels and frogs????? Pretty sure they are everywhere.

Cuz a whitetail hunt in Montana will cost you 3.5k- 7k with guides, lodging, renting 4 wheelers,processing fees, tips, taxidermy, etc,etc,etc.... I can take a whitetail in my own backyard, Elk a little farther east

shooting feral hogs in Texas should be a whole lot less, might even have some ranchers appreciate having you there.

Plus a person wouldnt have the pressure of filling a tag at those prices and actually enjoy the scenery.

The only time I take off of work is for Hunting, so yeah, my vacation IS hunting.......why travel to kill squirrels and frogs????? Pretty sure they are everywhere.

Cuz a whitetail hunt in Montana will cost you 3.5k- 7k with guides, lodging, renting 4 wheelers,processing fees, tips, taxidermy, etc,etc,etc.... I can take a whitetail in my own backyard, Elk a little farther east

shooting feral hogs in Texas should be a whole lot less, might even have some ranchers appreciate having you there.

Plus a person wouldnt have the pressure of filling a tag at those prices and actually enjoy the scenery.

Rob sounds like you could make some change!

you guys are pretty thick skinned, what say you all on this video? i say a shot well placed. these damn things are very destructive, the more the merrier!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUyQqJi1_DY

INSTANT BBQ!!!

That even looks like my front yard, but thankfully we just get a yard full of deer, no hogs!