If the article I read was 100% correct. it sounds more like social security disability, who have a payee  ie: developmentally disabled and other people who have been deemed to lack the responsibility to manage their own affairs. Although I would like to go thru the one single law that this pertains to though

Oh yeah, how about if you have FICA taxes taken out by your employer. Since you are having someone else pay your portion, from your funds, that would constitute lacking the responsibility to manage your own affairs. Self employed are not exempt.
  • Like 1

Because we all know how many old senile, alzheimers ,dementia, SS recipients commit mass shootings/ murder with a gun…… WTF

Once again they target the innocent people who have absolutely nothing to do with any of theses crimes.

This is what we can look forward to seeing from now on. Feel-good laws that do absolutely nothing to address the real issues.

This is only the beginning.

• Like 4

It's about taking as many guns from as many people as possible.  Wait, Obama is not done.  When he is done with the disabled he will target the next group until he can make a felon out of every gun owner or force them to give up their guns.  It's just a continuation of the liberal ideology that guns are evil and that society would be much safer when all the guns are gone.

Even the military cannot protect themselves in recruiting centers and on base.  It's ridiculous.  But I am not shocked given the general direction of our nation.

It just makes me sick to my stomach when I view it all in totality.  I can't wait for Obama to go.  Let's hope Hillary or Sanders does not replace him or the storm will continue.

• Like 5

>>It's about taking as many guns from as many people as possible.

Yep.

They want to keep finding small groups of people they can disarm.

Small groups so that it will not raise alarm bells of the masses.

Then when they finally drop the big ban hammer, there will be far

fewer armed insurgents to deal with.

• Like 3

I really think this pres is fracking nuts.  He wont even look you in the eye while he sticks the knife in.  So I guess that since I draw my ssdi, and want to travel I would have to appoint my sister as designated payee to handle my finances.  Using that scenario I would qualify to be tossed into the category that strips my gun rights WITHOUT due process. HMMMM.......  The next question will be,  when will this poser try and implement an old German program named Aktion T4.  This program first focused on children and then adults to eliminate "Lebensunwertes Leben" (lives unworthy of life.  Seems like the last 7 years could be compared to 20s,30s,40s Germany.  I've got my representatives on speed dial.

• Like 2

GUYS,

ONE WONDERS HOW LONG IT WILL BE BEFORE THE GESTAPO STARTS INVOLUNTARILY ASSIGNING THESE "REPRESENTATIVE PAYEES" TO SOCIAL SECURITY RECIPIENTS, EH?

"OH, MEET YOUR "REPRESENTATIVE", NOW HAND OVER YOUR GUNS"!

DON'T LAUGH..............

JESS1344

• Like 1

The Social Security Administration makes a independent judgment about who is mentally diminished and/or ill and unable to conduct their own financial affairs.  With one broad brush the Obama Administration would ban 4.2 million people from owning firearms regardless of actual abilities and circumstances.  Many would either have to lose their guns or join the ranks of felons if Obama can make this happen.  It doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth despite the fact that some are not competent to own firearms.  It smacks of condemning all for the sake of netting some.  It is counter to our justice system of being not guilty until proven otherwise.  All are guilty and seem to have no redress with this proposed action.  But what else should we expect from the Obama Administration.  After all, the goal is to get all the guns possible until no one can can legally own one like in other countries.  Inch by inch we are losing our freedoms rooted in the history of our country.

• Like 1

They'll probably announce that everybody who paid into Social Security will get their money back with interest

about the same time we go into hyper-inflation and the dollar is worthless.

The 8 million dollars for a loaf of bread kind of thing.

They will make all of those payments in worthless currency, and maybe you will be free to take the payment in whatever

the next fiat currency is at their dictated conversion rate. Fraction of a penny on the dollar if we are lucky.

All on the condition that you take a mark (RFID?) on your right hand or forehead tied to your bank account "to prevent fraud".

• Like 1

The Social Security Administration makes a independent judgment about who is mentally diminished and/or ill and unable to conduct their own financial affairs.  

^^^ that right there is the problem. No government agency should be allowed to judge compentency, they don't know what is........

• Like 3

If I am not mistaken, any SS moneys paid to me were mine to begin with since I was by law forced to have them taken from my paychecks. Not that I minded at the time, as I was constantly being told by the then older workers, it was my way of being comfortable when the time came to leave the work force. As the years went by, the taxes increased  and stories of retirees on SS subsisting on cat food because they couldn't afford tuna were commonplace. People not even eating at times because they had to choose between medicines they needed for staying alive or food to keep them alive. It was then I realized SS was not all it was supposed to be. So, I for one am not being handed anything from the government except monies owed me anyways that were taken without my permission. If they had invested those funds wisely (when does the government do anything wisely) and separately instead of using them for a cure all on schemes/projects having nothing associated with retirement, perhaps this subject wouldn't be discussed now. Hindsight. Where would the govt. get the money to pay back that which has been mismanaged or stolen? I like to say let's start at the salaries and retirement benefits of those that were elected to serve us. They built themselves a nice comfortable empire. We will never see the monies repaid and I will not willingly relinquish any material want I have accumulated without fighting for it as I have had to do through out my still working career. One good thing about being closer to death with my age factor, I, increasingly give less of a fuck than I did yesterday. I am by no means Uncle Sam's lean, mean fighting machine, but my brother once told me if someone pushes you, don't push them back, hit them.  

• Like 1