Adjusting iron sights

I'm trying to adjust original Iron sights on my 12K, because slugs are going 50cm to the right at 25m. I can't get the rear sight to move with hammer and punch.

I have read that they can be real pain to move. Is the rear sight just real tight fitting or is there some kind of glue applied?

Any tips on adjusting the sight other than Dremeling it out and replacing with 3rd party sights?

• Like 1

Cut it out with a Dremel and a fine cut-off wheel and fit some Krebs, or another brand of after market sights, to the gun. That will give you a longer sight radius and be somewhat more adjustable, for elevation and windage. Check with some of the vendors here for the sights.

Excellent answer already given and thank you.  File out that funky front site notch.  I put on an AK47 type extended front sight assembly that slides over the barrel end .  Locks down with three (3) allen screws.  It was easy to rotate to get a good centered point of aim right to left with the OEM rear site.  The Eoteck does all the work.  At about 25 yards everything inside that red circle goes away.  HB

$0.02 USD...

For the present, try a bigger hammer. Once it moves, use a smaller hammer. 

Before you drop coin on any of the sights, look at the Dinzag one. I still think it is easily the cleanest on the market, by a wide margin. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried bigger hammer and even bigger hammer but they did not help.

I used saw to cut the sight as you would do to remove the sight. Instead of cutting it straight to the bottom, I cut it to half way. Then tried to hammer it again, little bit of cutting and more hammering... and success! The sight is now movable, but still tight..

I wanted to use original sight because getting U.S made parts to Europe can be costly and troublesome.