Army/Navy, Armed Civilian Guards are a Threat

Military to civilians,

"Go Away, We Don't Want or Need You!"

"First Responders Can Handle the Job to Protect You & Us"

Yes, we see how well our first responders handle active shooters... After they've killed & wounded at will.

Yes folks,

sad but true, the Army has ordered it's recruiting officers to hold any & all civilian guards near their recruitment centers as a security threat.

Report them to Command and to the police as a security threat.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat-1.359134

Army to recruiters: Treat armed citizens as security threat By Travis J. Tritten
Stars and Stripes
Published: July 22, 2015
image.JPG
Terry Jackson, a member of Operation Hero Guard, stands guard outside a U.S. military recruiting station in Cleburne, Texas, Tuesday, July 21, 2015.
Rose Baca/The Dallas Morning News

WASHINGTON — The Army has warned its recruiters to treat the gun-toting civilians gathering at centers across the country in the wake of the Chattanooga, Tenn., shooting as a security threat.

Soldiers should avoid anyone standing outside the recruiting centers attempting to offer protection and report them to local law enforcement and the command if they feel threatened, according to a U.S. Army Recruiting Command policy letter issued Monday.

Armed citizens — some associated with activist groups and militias — were standing vigil outside recruiting centers in Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee, Idaho and elsewhere this week, saying they want to provide protection to servicemembers barred from carrying firearms on duty. Four Marines and a sailor were killed by Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez, a 24-year-old Kuwait-born native of Tennessee, during an attack Thursday on a strip mall recruiting center and a Navy facility that is being investigated as an act of terrorism.

Abdulazeez fired into the front of the recruiting station but there were no casualties. The five servicemembers were killed during an attack on the Navy Operational Support Center. A Navy officer and a Marine reportedly fired at the gunman, although it is unclear why they were armed. It is against Defense Department policy for anyone other than military police or law enforcement to carry weapons on federal property.

“I’m sure the citizens mean well, but we cannot assume this in every case and we do not want to advocate this behavior,” according to the Army Command Operations Center-Security Division letter, which was authenticated by the service.

Recruiters were ordered not to interact or acknowledge the armed civilians, who have been greeted by a mix of concern, indifference and gratitude by the public.

“If questioned by these alleged concerned citizens, be polite, professional and terminate the conversation immediately and report the incident to local law enforcement …,” the command advised.

As the incidents crop up around the country, police could be asked to confront the civilians with guns on the Army’s behalf.

“Ensure your recruiters clearly articulate to local police the civilian may be armed and in possession of a conceal/carry permit,” it told the centers.

The command said recruiters should also immediately fill out an Army security report.

Kelli Bland, a spokeswoman for Army Recruiting Command, said the service has been increasing vigilance following the Chattanooga shooting and that local residents can help in other ways.

“Local communities can support our security by reporting suspicious activity, particularly around recruiting centers,” Bland wrote in an email to Stars and Stripes.

Concerned citizens began gathering at the centers shortly after the shooting in Tennessee, and governors in some states ordered recruiters to armories or to be armed for protection against potential terrorist attacks. Congress has also pushed for the Defense Department to lift its current policy.

The founder and president of Oath Keepers, a Constitution activist group based in Las Vegas, issued a national call Tuesday to guard centers, while members were already guarding centers in Tennessee, Arkansas and Oklahoma, president Stewart Rhodes told the Associated Press.

Rhodes told the news service it’s “absolutely insane” that recruiters aren’t allowed to be armed.

“They’re sitting ducks,” Rhodes said Tuesday. “They’d be better off if they were walking down the streets of Baghdad, because at least in Baghdad, they could move. Here, they’re stationary.”

In Lewiston, Idaho, three men with a group known as “3 percenters” — a national alliance with members who prepare “for any situation, man-made or natural” — were standing watch outside a recruiting office this week, the TNS wire service reported.

“They supported us, and now we’re here showing them that we support them,” said Matt Dillard, of Clarkston, Idaho, who was among the men.

tritten.travis@stripes.com
Twitter: @Travis_Tritten

And the Navy has followed course, told their guys to work away from the office if civilian guards are present.

http://q13fox.com/2015/07/22/navy-if-armed-civilians-show-up-at-recruiting-centers-we-wont-be-there/

Navy: If armed civilians show up at recruiting centers, we won’t be there
Posted 1:55 PM, July 22, 2015, by CNN Wire, Updated at 02:10pm, July 22, 2015

WASHINGTON, D.C. –A Navy official tried to throw more cold water Wednesday on armed private citizens showing up on their own at military recruitment centers.

The official told CNN that that should unauthorized armed civilians attempt to patrol outside a Navy recruiting center, recruitment personnel would try to work out of the office. They could choose to spend the day at a school, mall, on travel or other duties that would keep them away from the center.

The official noted, however, that so far only one or two of these armed civilians have shown up following the shooting at a Chattanooga, Tennessee, recruiting center Thurday that left five servicemen dead.

Armed civilians have been standing guard outside a military recruiting office in a Spanaway, Washington shopping center.

Earlier Wednesday, Department of Defense spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis reiterated the existing department policy of not supporting arming all military personnel in comments to reporters.

Lawmakers and elected officials at the national, state and local levels have proposed changing the policy following the deadly shooting Thursday.

“We do not support arming all military personnel,” Davis said.

On Tuesday, the Marine Corps put out a statement saying, “While we greatly appreciate the support of the American public during this tragedy, we ask that citizens do not stand guard at our recruiting offices. Our continued public trust lies among our trained first responders for the safety of the communities where we live and work.”

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey is expected to be briefed by Thursday by the services and senior Defense officials on their recommendations for improving security at military installations, according to two Pentagon officials.

Dempsey will then consolidate all the data and present a single set of recommendations to Defense Secretary Ashton Carter by Friday, the deadline the secretary imposed on the Pentagon. The officials say the recommendations are not expected to be made public anytime soon.

And the Marines don't want our help either.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/29592788/citizens-asked-not-to-stand-guard-outside-military-recruiting-stations

Citizens asked not to stand guard outside local military recruiting stations Posted: Jul 21, 2015 1:16 AM CST Updated: Jul 21, 2015 2:26 PM CST
By Heather Hope

8362845_G.jpg

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - The United States Marine Corps Recruiting Station in San Diego released a statement Monday, asking local citizens not to stand guard by the recruiting offices.

Citizens standing guard at military recruiting offices has become a new trend across the country since the deadly attacks in Tennessee that left four Marines dead.

A statement issued by the United States Marine Corps Recruiting Station in San Diego said:

"It has come to our attention that many patriotic citizens have been standing armed guard outside recruiting stations across the country. While we greatly appreciate the support of the American public during this tragedy, we ask that citizens do not stand guard at our recruiting offices. Our continued public trust lies among our trained first responders for the safety of the communities where we live and work."

"It makes no sense to put somebody in a military uniform that we expect to protect our country, and we expect them to do it weaponless. It's lunacy," said Brian Blackden.

Since the deadly shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee, civilians are protecting their local offices by bearing arms by the front doors to protect the servicemen and woman who are not allowed to carry a weapon.

"We haven't had any in our area, however across the country, some of our counter parts have. And we just want to go ahead and stop that before anyone is tempted to do that within our area," Sgt. Erica B. Kirsop.

The local recruitment office already has heightened security, and according to Sgt. Kirsop, first responders can handle the job.

"We just want to discourage anyone before they come to our aid that they really don't need to. We're okay right now. We are taking precautions to ensure everyone's safety and security, and we don't want the general public to come in and put themselves in any kind of danger," she said.

Lawmakers and the Pentagon are reviewing the rule that would allow service men and woman to arm themselves while inside military recruitment centers.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

I was waiting for that to happen.....

It's tough for the feds to portray and build the "Us vs Them" narrative if they allow this.

This re-enforces the concept that only the military and police should have guns and all others are the enemy.

• Like 8

It's a disgusting response. No doubt it's coming from Obama's phone.

Armed civilians highlight the fact that they aren't being protected.

It's an embarrassment to a govt. that says it can protect us and keep everyone safe.

Potential new recruit meeting with his recruiter, "You mean I don't have to join the Army to carry guns?"

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

So, well intentions aside....

Would it be reasonable for them to come up with any other policy? All it would take for the next guys to attack would be get a crowd of a few guys to show up at the door looking like "civilian defenders" and turn around.

As soon as I saw the first posts of guys doing this, I knew this would be the inevitable result. For that matter, I don't believe the 'civilian defenders' didn't expect this either. 

The military has enough guns of its own. It just needs to pass them out and make sure all its employees are competent with them.

• Like 3

I'm retired fire service from a very good small agency.  This sound like a knee jerk reaction from the Chief's Office.  All is calm.  We are holding the line.  Everything is secure.  We have control.  When actually in private, heads are rolling as it became apparent that things were not quite as stated and big shit happened because of failed basic policy.  I believe this reaction from our own armed forces is so predictable. 

However, in my former small fire department, it was possible to make meaningful positive change and improvements quickly.  Very low inertia.  The military might take years to change, and even then probably then it would just be some bells and whistles and would not actually address any root weaknesses at all.  Right now the brass and the White House are still rebounding and are very embarrassed.  Just me.  HB

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 3

It also displays the patriotism that the Progressive Left Wing hates to see.

For every civilian standing guard there are 10's of thousands of American Patriots that would take up arms to defend this great country.

It scares them.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 5

Well, it looks like possibly two of them were following an age old military tradition, and had more weapons than orders permitted. Something tells me that trend will have a lot more inertia now.

• Like 2

We had an awesome reputation once: "I have no plans to invade America, because there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass". That was Japan's words in WW2. If we lose that reputation, all bets are off.

• Like 3

We had an awesome reputation once: "I have no plans to invade America, because there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass". That was Japan's words in WW2. If we lose that reputation, all bets are off.

Maybe the pansy leftist need a foreign face shoving a gun down their throat to realize how naive they've been... I suspect many of the leftist would defect however. They'd be happy to join the ranks of communism believing they'll be treated better. 99% of liberals who hate America, have never left it, or spoke with anybody who came here from another country. Only other libs whom vacation in resorts and talk to other libs on vacation from the US. Then come back talking about how worldly they are.

• Like 1

Maybe the pansy leftist need a foreign face shoving a gun down their throat to realize how naive they've been... I suspect many of the leftist would defect however. They'd be happy to join the ranks of communism believing they'll be treated better. 99% of liberals who hate America, have never left it, or spoke with anybody who came here from another country. Only other libs whom vacation in resorts and talk to other libs on vacation from the US. Then come back talking about how worldly they are.

They welcome the foreign face, it is of the UN and the global mafia. They want everything for free and will only realize what they did when they are rounded up onto freight trains and gassed in a cement bunker by their allies.

Way back, when I studied in France.

There were soldiers with inferior French assault weapons at many Metro stops.

There were no worries of islam killers fucking up a good day.   

The soldiers would certainly kill any muslim with bad intent.

Some of the metro stations smelled of piss.

I'm afraid of letting my children study there today.

We have a law called comitatus posse act. It says don't have military everywhere as civilian police. For some reason about half of our country had reason to dislike how that plays out.

• Like 1

Way back, when I studied in France.

There were soldiers with inferior French assault weapons at many Metro stops.

There were no worries of islam killers fucking up a good day.

The soldiers would certainly kill any muslim with bad intent.

Some of the metro stations smelled of piss.

I'm afraid of letting my children study there today.

Doesn't seem to be stopping the bad guys now. Edited by Sim_Player