Why are there no decent magazines for saiga 410?

The only common ones sgm surefire brand 10&15 rounders from what i understand the 15rounders are unreliable with alot of ammo and dont feed right worth a shit infact theres a video of a guy who cut down 4 15rounders just to have then hold 10 to feed more reliably. Im not a fan of four round mags and it seems like factory 8&10rounders are unobtanioum

I cant even use Winchester pdx and alot of other common high end 000buck or slugs on these sgm 10rounders without issues what the hell man. Looks like another gun to search high and low for magazines for and a money pit.

You forgot the 30 round drum.

The main thing is that there just aren't enough 410 saigas around to justify a lot of development for them. Especially with the EO blocking further import.

You forgot the 30 round drum.

The main thing is that there just aren't enough 410 saigas around to justify a lot of development for them. Especially with the EO blocking further import.

I didnt miss the drum i said magazines. Im sure the drum has issues too given its mfg by profags.but i cant complain, there the only company that stepped up and made a drum for it. Hopefully its nowhere near as bad of quality as there ak mags. Side note if you guys happen to have a bird tell yah where i can get the factory mags that are larger compacity than the standard 4rounds id be pretty psyched. But thats like win the lottery odds that ill ever see those come back around again.if i remember right they were 8er 10rounders.. One of the two. Edited by Avtomatkalashnikov
  • 1 month later...

looking back at my delimma........................................it's good to have the essentials SMG,Factory and the 4rd that feeds 2 1/2 Shells.

Factory mags for the 410 were four round mags unless you got a factory 10 rounder with yours then I'm jealous. I actually ended up trading the 410 for a 12. Trader was happy with it and so was I. He just wanted a better ak shotgun suited for his wife

looking back at my delimma........................................it's good to have the essentials SMG,Factory and the 4rd that feeds 2 1/2 Shells.

Factory mags for the 410 were four round mags unless you got a factory 10 rounder with yours then I'm jealous. I actually ended up trading the 410 for a 12. Trader was happy with it and so was I. He just wanted a better ak shotgun suited for his wife

yea but those 12g Factory mags are double the price for the 410...............but i here ya out.......definitely one of my most frustrated project gathering the essentials together....if i were rich i would obtain all three 410 20 and 12 hehehe 

• 3 weeks later...

ok.. so have the 410.. great to shoot. but I bought some 10 and 15 rnd mags.. supposedly 3in.. anyway.. will work on the ammo issue WHEN I can get the mags to actually lock in place.. I saw where there was some 'fine tuning' needed on the 12g ones.. so wondered what all needed to be done with the 410's.. am sure some sort of filing away needed.. but not too sure where.. what.. etc.. 

oh.. and I'm not talking about modifying them so they don't shoot full capacity... I mean.. what's the use of buying a 15rnd.. if you gotta cut it down to 10.. or 5??

ok.. so have the 410.. great to shoot. but I bought some 10 and 15 rnd mags.. supposedly 3in.. anyway.. will work on the ammo issue WHEN I can get the mags to actually lock in place.. I saw where there was some 'fine tuning' needed on the 12g ones.. so wondered what all needed to be done with the 410's.. am sure some sort of filing away needed.. but not too sure where.. what.. etc.. 

oh.. and I'm not talking about modifying them so they don't shoot full capacity... I mean.. what's the use of buying a 15rnd.. if you gotta cut it down to 10.. or 5??

you need to wear in the magazine spring....load them to full capacity for a few days...i have the SMG G2 not familiar with the surefire or others...as far as the 3in goes the Golden Bear magnums are a no go unless you have Russian factory mags......the winchester super-x will work along flawlessly with some high brass in those 10-15 rd'ers with other brands also.....what mags to you specifically have?

• 1 month later...

There were 2 versions of the factory 10 rounders.

Mod 1 had a side window with a round counter.

P1080073-1.jpg

Mod 2 was the more familiar solid body.

I picked up 3 of each back when they were available through rusmilitary.