I would not use them myself.  They are prone to over-insertion if you smack the mag hard on a mag change.  An over-inserted mag can lock up your rifle and it can be damn hard to get it back out.

Not to mention that Troy as a company lost my respect for hiring Lon Horiuchi's spotter and then defended that by saying he was only following orders.

Pmags are worth the extra few $.  You can hammer them into the mag well and they won't over-insert.

• Like 1

Thanks I did not realize they had hired somebody involved in Ruby Ridge I believe that I will pass on their mags and just wait for p mags to go on sale or some lancers.

It's not just the Ruby Ridge guy, they've a history of hiring various LE types who're anti-2A & pro-Gun Control.

Much like a few other companies who think or have thought they can make a profit & survive on LE/Military only, who're willing to shit on the citizenry

Then they hear/see the affect of the civilian dollar leaving their bottom line and reverse course.

• Like 1

Thanks I did not realize they had hired somebody involved in Ruby Ridge I believe that I will pass on their mags and just wait for p mags to go on sale or some lancers.

It's not just the Ruby Ridge guy, they've a history of hiring various LE types who're anti-2A & pro-Gun Control.

Much like a few other companies who think or have thought they can make a profit & survive on LE/Military only, who're willing to shit on the citizenry

Then they hear/see the affect of the civilian dollar leaving their bottom line and reverse course.

i.e. companies that rhyme with BOLT...

• Like 3

i.e. companies that rhyme with BOLT...

If Freddy Krueger had a gun, he'd have a _ _ _ _ _.

Well that he could, but I was thinking Ruger.

Bill Ruger helped the antis prohibit so-called "Assault Weapons" and is the primary architect of the "evil features" that were effectively banned in Brady-2 and the "Assault Weapons Ban." "Evil" features selected not because they are truly evil or would have any effect on reducing crime, rather features selected simply because none of Ruger's guns had any of them. He is the author of the so-called "high capacity" [read full capacity] magazine ban, as well as several other loony anti-gun ideas. Yes friends, American arms manufacturer and machine-gun designer Bill Ruger is the anti-gun bastard who dreamed up the "10-round mag" idea.

He was filmed on television news with Tom Brokaw and said:

"No honest man needs more "than ten rounds in any gun," and "I never meant for simple civilians to have my twenty- or thirty-round mags or my folding stock."

and then said: "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."

This TV interview was used (with Bill Ruger's written permission) over and over again to rub our faces in the fact that "even a gun manufacturer thinks gun control is good."

Need more proof? The following is an excerpt from the March 30, 1989 letter Bill Ruger sent to every member of Congress. It is in the Congressional Record and has been reprinted in several newspapers and magazines.

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines.

By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item.
A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger
Sturm, Ruger Firearms

• Like 1

Old Billy is dead and so is his control over Ruger.  His son stepped down in 06 I believe.  Ruger has since brought their own ARs to market and started selling standard capacity magazines for the mini.

I think we can let them off the hook for the sins of Bill Sr.

My first gun was a ruger. My dad prefers the brand, because they are durable, overbuilt and come in SS for almost every model. While I hated Bill Sr's politics, he did build some fine guns. I also had a lot of respect for the 'one week's paycheck rule".  I would like to get a GP100 someday if I can ever get one of the early 6" half lug versions. The design of the trigger mechanism makes it a removable modular cartridge. It uses simple coil springs, with discrete functions seperated. That means you can lighten the trigger return weight & pull semi- independantly from the hammer force. That's something kinda no other revolver design can claim. Want a light trigger and a reliable return? You are going to have to live with being choosy about primers then- if you are using any other brand.

One thing in the modern world of multinational brands and investment group ownership is that boycots based on issues are essentially impossible. You won't find a single company which does not violate some political issue important to you. For me, I'll still prefer the company that is less egregious, but I know I will have to compromise on this or opt out of most of the modern world. -- I am using a computer afterall, and those are made from key components from 3 or so big companies all of which I have problems with. 

Troy stuff is marketed as premium, and half their brand was their image and philosophy. They undermined the last half by their employment choices, and a fair amount of their original innovations are kinda obsolete. I would rather have light stuff made by midwest, etc anyay. I do like troy's sights, but I would not buy them new. Partly price and partly politics. Others do as well, without the bad politics, and cheaper. Troy loses. But if you gave me some troy battle mags or whatever, I wouldn't throw them in the trash in disgust. I would keep them and use them. Ultimately they are just stuff.

• Like 1

Troy can eat a dick over the Horiuchi business

Seems like the only guys who will still buy Troy are LE. Wife's cousin is on a SWAT team in LA area, was not surprised to see Troy junk on one of his personal ARs (which is also not Cali compliant)

• Like 1

Ok. Ill be the stupid one. Only been looking into firearms for a couple if years

I know about CTD and avoid them at all costs. What's the story on Troy? Personally, don't know them. Hadn't plan to buy from them but still

Curious Link?

Ok. Ill be the stupid one. Only been looking into firearms for a couple if years

I know about CTD and avoid them at all costs. What's the story on Troy? Personally, don't know them. Hadn't plan to buy from them but still

Curious Link?

Check post #3

Lots of stuff on the web about this murdering filth testifying before congress too.